OK...So What is Current Status of Reef Closure?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kicker1866

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be there in a couple weeks and followed the reef closure saga somewhat loosely....I thought I recall hearing they opened up again.

So what is the current status? Am I diving Palancar this trip?

I just got home Friday from my first trip to Cozumel. My husband and I were blown away by how healthy the reefs were, and the amazing colors of the coral. We dove Palancar Caves, and many more. Stayed at Scuba Club Cozumel and did 11 dives. Would definitely go again!

All were open the last 2 weeks. We did Palancar a couple of times and so did about 50 other boats a day! Thankfully we there earlier and didn't see many divers in the water.

I mostly shot video, but here are a couple of frame grabs.
03D9321A-149C-41B2-9FEA-F1045890FB61.jpeg
36E6FCC7-9393-4EDA-BA8D-CBDA43D76A6D.jpeg

So does this mean the brain corals have recovered? They were nearly wiped out in November.

I'll be there in a couple weeks and followed the reef closure saga somewhat loosely....I thought I recall hearing they opened up again.

So what is the current status? Am I diving Palancar this trip?
Hav been open since December 15

Hav been open since December 15

So what did they learn? If I missed the discussion, please point me to it.

They learned that people start booking other islands when they close the southern reefs down.

They learned that people start booking other islands when they close the southern reefs down.

I knew the question was going to draw sarcastic replies. But no, I mean really. Was any report issued? Any insider information on preliminary conclusions? Anything?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom