ScubaPro MK10 / G250 for Cave Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Germany is great for used Poseidon regs :p

Very true,

I don’t know how the prices climb on eBay. I usually use eBay-Kleinanzeigen so I have the price straight... I’m not fond of tracking bids.

I know "someone" who has plenty of MK10s and G250ies for sale. ;-)

I remember a nonscientific test done by Steve Berman, Tyler Moon, Ted Cole, and perhaps Jarrod Jablonski- it was done at the Ginnie Springs trailer, and beer may have been involved. They took a set of doubles and equalized the tanks, then isolated them by closing the isolator valve. They removed the bottom port plug from a MK10 and MK20, and placed them on each tank valve orifice. They opened both valves rapidly and simultaneously. The side with MK10 drained the tank faster than the MK20.
1) I wonder what even the losing time was?
2) Is it even possible to breathe anywhere close to that fast?

1) I wonder what even the losing time was?
2) Is it even possible to breathe anywhere close to that fast?

2- no it is literally not possible to breathe anywhere near that much gas. The MK2 is capable of something like 100cfm and I think the MK25 is capable of something asinine like 300cfm

Maybe I should have put a ";-)" in my post to avoid confusing people in the south ...... :)

I really thought you were being for real. I have had several people actually give me dates for when they “heard” sp was discontinuing the parts. So it was easy to take at face value.

and as a real southerner I take offense that you assumed I was from the south because my avatar says Florida. No real southerner claims Florida as the south.

After much consideration, and a couple of views on ebay, I think I should tell you that MK10/G250's are horrible regs and you shouldn't buy them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom