New Hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a 40 under my arm and used to use an Omni swivel. Before a trip to Cuba I decided it was an unnecessary failure point and went to a plain 90 degree. Can't really tell that much difference and haven't switched back yet. In Cuba, a simple failure can be a major problem, so that was the main reason for the switch.

Good luck,
Jay

Open to any ideas or suggestions.

I find using a 40 inch flex hose under my are very comfortable. On the second stage I've mounted a 70 degree elbow. I tried a similar 90 degree elbow, but the 70 is a better fit.
DGX 70 Degree Swivel Adapter, LP 2nd Stage: 9/16-Inch M x 9/16-Inch F | Dive Gear Express®

If you're also replacing your BC inflator hose, I suggest using a regulator hose with the exact length you want coupled with an adapter. DGX Adapter: Turns LP Reg Hose into BC Inflator Hose | Dive Gear Express®

Not challenging you, I'm always open to new ideas that may be better than what I'm doing/using. Genuinely interested. Does your first stage have a down facing port? I know it's probably a pain in the ass but I'd love to see a photo of your set up. If it's workable for me too I'd like to ditch the swivel, I've had more issues with swivels than anything else. It's conceivable in my attempts to mimic your set up I'm routing incorrectly. Cheers.

My wife tried a swivel on her rig, and it was just one more point of potential failure. It never really accomplished what she was looking for in comfort, plus it added weight to the second stage, causing jaw fatigue.

We both dive a Sherwood Oasis regulator. Not my picture, but very similar to this.

u3335__08875.1473879397.1280.1280.jpg

Primary: 40” with 70 degree swivel
Back-up: 22”
SPG: 24-26” (I like 26” better)
LPi: depends on your Inflator but I suggest you keep it as short that’s not too short

I like DGX double braided flex very much. Have been using those for 4-5 years now and still not worn. I have seen a second handed Miflex hose, quite a few braided nylon lines on one of the ends snapped and becomes a little spiky. Have not had that on DGX hose yet.

Go with DGX or Miflex hose? I came in here to ask this and saw above, but I'll send it out anyway.
Thanks for the info

@Jayfarmlaw

OK, I'll bite-this must be going over my head.
lololol...damn you Auto Correct! Should have read "used to use an omniswivel" I swear I proofread that too.

Thanks,
Jay

Should have read "used to use an omniswivel"
Well thank goodness for that. I thought I was losing it. Well I am losing it, but I shouldn't be recognizing the symptoms.

Go with DGX or Miflex hose? I came in here to ask this and saw above, but I'll send it out anyway.
Thanks for the info

When we converted to braided hose, we went with Miflex.

Back
Top Bottom