How to request number of Certifications of my staff?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Milou

New
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello,

Is there a way I can find out the number of certified students that one of my instructor staff members "pretends to have certified?" We are suspectiong that somebody is lying about having done a huge number of certifications. As a divecenter, can this been found out directly with the use of the PADI# of this instructor, or can I see this in his account when I let this person login? Or must I request this with PADI? Thank you if somebody can help me with this.

The instructor can access his own certification record and give you a copy of it.
If he refuses to do that, then that is your answer.

Padi pro site, he logs on and under my account, he can run a student counts report - mine gave totals for cert types for 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017 and prior to 2017

Thank you tursiops and ChuckP for the information. So only the instructor can access his own certification record, I or the divecenter cannot check this for him?

I believe only the instructor can access their own student count. However, it is perfectly reasonable to request a copy of the report. I've been asked to evidence this when moving to a new centre and when crossing over to a different agency.

aside from the instructor potentially lying about the number - is there an issue? In general being renewed and authorized to teach is what you should care about.

aside from the instructor potentially lying about the number - is there an issue? In general being renewed and authorized to teach is what you should care about.

Oh I don't know. If I knew he lied about that, what else is he lying about.

Zero tolerance for liars and thieves. Don't want um as friends, and sure as **** don't want them working for me!

I agree with Martin. Lying to your employer about anything is grounds for termination in pretty much any type of business. A dive instructor saying they've certified 10,000 students is akin to an engineer saying they've got 20 years experience in the field. If it turns out that guy only has 1 year experience or 50 students, that's an entirely different quality of employee (not to mention the lack of trust).

I agree with Martin. Lying to your employer about anything is grounds for termination in pretty much any type of business. A dive instructor saying they've certified 10,000 students is akin to an engineer saying they've got 20 years experience in the field. If it turns out that guy only has 1 year experience or 50 students, that's an entirely different quality of employee (not to mention the lack of trust).
in order to get into many keyman programs (like DUI for example) you need to show them #'s.

Maybe if you call PADI they can informe you. I would be surprised if it was classified info...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom