Getting into trimix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the divesoft is the gold standard by far. It isn’t as easy to hook it up to a compressor as others, and I have seen a few people have to put aquarium pumps in lime between the sample end and the divesoft to get it to work right. I’ve never used mine on my compressor, so I don’t know all of the details.
Either way, I love my divesoft with the blender accessories (pro flow limiter and whatnot)

I think the divesoft is the gold standard by far. It isn’t as easy to hook it up to a compressor as others, and I have seen a few people have to put aquarium pumps in lime between the sample end and the divesoft to get it to work right. I’ve never used mine on my compressor, so I don’t know all of the details.
Either way, I love my divesoft with the blender accessories (pro flow limiter and whatnot)
There are some tiny little 2L/min pumps from a company called hargraves that work pretty well for stuff like this too.

For continuous blending dual O2 sensors is actually easier and more reliable because you get feedback on both input gases independently. Ie if your mix is coming in at 17/48 it can be hard to know how much to adjust of each.

Just throwing this out there but I blended trimix for years without an analyser. I used an O2 analyser and figured if my O2 was correct the He should also be. When I finally broke down and bought one because TDI required instructors to have an analyser I went into my shed and measured all my blended tanks and they were all within a percent or two.

This was the unit I was recommended from local divers
you will cry if the helium sensor dies on you
the divesoft has a more robust helium measuring system (it can still break of course)

you will cry if the helium sensor dies on you
the divesoft has a more robust helium measuring system (it can still break of course)

I can’t imagine I’d cry any more than I already have in this hobby !

google reviews seem to say the dive soft is a pain in the ass to use....... although the price point is nice and no sensor in it

I can’t imagine I’d cry any more than I already have in this hobby !

google reviews seem to say the dive soft is a pain in the ass to use....... although the price point is nice and no sensor in it
My Divesoft has been super easy to use. Sure, it takes a little longer to screw the DIN flow limiter in than to just stick an Analox against the valve but boy does the "correct" flow make a difference to the readings.

Divesoft is easy to use. What reports do you have that says it is difficult?
There are some advanced features that will take a manual to use, but those are features I don't think are offered elsewhere.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom