I'm 71 and DAN won't insure me -- now what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got my email notice today...

Interestingly, I submitted this question to DAN over the weekend, and haven't received either a response or the referenced email.

Update, got my email today.

Does DAN have an age limit in Canada? I noticed in an email they sent out regarding the Quebec situation they mentioned they have policies for the rest of Canada aged 12 and up.

The California version of the Guardian policy with a revision date of Feb 5, 2020 is unchanged: it still expires on the renewal date after the 70th birthday.

We are in the same boat with DAN. They are working this issue out and may already be insuring again for people over 69. We are insured till March and hopefully this issue has been resolved.

I got an email that stated the 70 year old limit had been changed for the guardian policy, along with several other changes. I reside in PA so not sure if those changes are across the board

That is shameful.

Here it is

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200227-202425.png
    Screenshot_20200227-202425.png
    165.9 KB · Views: 152

Back
Top Bottom