Have a friend going to San Juan, wants to do Discover SCUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

San Juan, Puerto Rico?

If he has the time, he should check out the dive shops that operate out of Fajardo, which is on the east coast about 20 miles from San Juan. It's an easy drive and there is a ferry from the Fajardo area to each of the two islands (Vieques and Isla Culebra.) I've only done the ferry to Vieques, and it was an easy trip (both the drive and ferry) from San Juan.

Just google "scuba vieques" to see what pops up.

I've heard the diving at these two small islands is much better than diving from the San Juan area. Only diving I've done from PR is off the west and south coasts, which are a much longer drive (but still only a couple hours) from San Juan.

Dove with Sea Ventures in Fajardo 5 years ago and they are still in business. When we were there, it was the only dive op we could find that was open. Tried contacting other ops that were either closed or would call us if they were going out. We drove from the southeast side of the island (about 30 minutes) but I believe San Juan is a little closer than where we stayed and Sea Ventures may provide transportation. Not necessarily recommending them as an op you should use (they were okay - nothing wrong - may be great for Discover Scuba) but they seemed to have plenty of business to go out each day and a pretty nice boat.

She wants to do the discover scuba tour to get her feet wet, metaphorically and literally.

I just want to make sure she is well taken care of and in good hands.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom