New TG-6 Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with those who state that using an optical sych cord works with the S2000. I have the TG-6 & Oly housing and bought an Inon S2000 specially for this rig due to it's size. I have found it works perfectly for me in macro and longer-range shots (when vis here allows). I do use a sync cord.

I also find some kind of focus light is nice. I have a Big Blue spot/video light that I like; I usually keep it on the lowest wide-angle setting (not spot) and it works well for video and focus.

What cable did you use? There are a ton of options on divervision.

It is this cable below. In order to connect it to the Inon S2000, I bought an aluminum screw-on adapter from Amazon (DIVTEK Fiber Connector Scuba Dive Waterproof Case Flash Fiber Optic Adapter INON Strobe Fiber Optic Cable Converter - see image below as well).
51XDeXtyhrL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

ss-50128-2.jpg

Zoom
ss-50128-2.jpg

Sea and Sea - Fiber-Optic Cable II M/2 Connectors - UNIVERSAL

Attachments

• T800_Olympus TG-6 & PT-059 & Inon S2000.jpg
    T800_Olympus TG-6 & PT-059 & Inon S2000.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 97
The Howshot cables from Divervision are 612 multi-fiber high transmission optical cables of excellent quality and come in several configurations. I would not hesitate to order from Divervision. They have always been super responsive and fast in several orders I have placed with them over a few years. They are okay folks. Keep in mind you will probably pay for DHL shipping (which is also super fast) so try to order a few sundries to offset the shipping. N

That is WAY cheaper than the backscatter price. Thanks!
You know that link is just an adapter to use with a fibre optic cable with different fitting to that used by INON.

This is an INON cable: Inon - Optical D Cable L Type L Double Hole Bush Set
both connectors at the ends of the cable are removable- if you break the cable which is most likely at the connector you can remove the fitting, trim the cable and re-install it and not buy a new cable. Can't do that with molded fittings on other cables. You can also buy spare fittings. And you don't need the adapter. If your housing did not provide one, you can get stick on adapters that go over the flash diffuser of your housing.

Hey Daebado - I liked that trigger also, but went with this instead. Worked great and was able to depress the shutter with only slight movement of my finger. Received from China in about a week or so. With my rig almost neutral, I was even able to do a lot of single-handed shooting because of how nicely this extension worked.

View attachment 568772

Do you have a link for this?

Back
Top Bottom