SW Cloud - improvements, feature requests, fixes etc. Let's help make it better.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@Shearwater. Thank you for looking into the discrepancy between the End Surfacing GF (on the Info Panel of SWC) and the SurfGF that’s actually displayed on the computers.

Here are some additional info on this issue based on my dives yesterday and over the past several days.

1. It appears that the SWCloud is capturing GF99 instead of SurfGF the moment the diver surfaces i.e. depth = 0.

2. Immediately upon surfacing (depth = 0), I noted that the Teric/Petrel displays GF99 as a lower value compared to SurfGF (higher value and closer the GFHi Plan). Both data are not equal. They should be.

3. There is a LAG before GF99 (lower value) catches up with SurfGF (higher value) on the dive computer. It takes several seconds to a minute or so before GF99 is equal to SurfGF as seen on the Teric. I wasn’t able to track the actual time before both data are equal since I was busy removing gear and getting back on the boat in high seas.

4. By the time everyone is back on the boat and settled (several minutes have passed), i noted that both GF99 and SurfGF are now the same, as they should be and as they should have been immediately upon surfacing.

My very rough unscientific conclusion of the discrepancy is there is a time lag before GF99 catches up with the actual surfacing GF (SurfGF). It seems that the SW Cloud is capturing GF99’s reported value when depth =0 and displaying it as End Surfacing GF on the app. This is an incorrect value.

Hope this helps.

Yes, I suspected that what SWCloud is capturing is the “lagging” GF99 when depth = 0. See my earlier post above. If so, this will mislead divers into thinking that their true End Surfacing GF is LOWER (more conservative)!than what it really is — probably lower than their planned GF High. This can’t be good.

While the technical improvements are welcome, and I appreciate SW's keeping on track of our discussions, did I miss a new ability to print out dives? I log certain details on paper, and like to print out the profile with hand marked annotations, especially for training dives. That was what prompted my earlier "black font/light background request", so that I could at least print a screenshot. Have I missed an addition?
As platforms evolve and programming changes, there's nothing that quite replaces my dog-eared paper logbook, full of pics, comments and dive profiles.

While the technical improvements are welcome, and I appreciate SW's keeping on track of our discussions, did I miss a new ability to print out dives? I log certain details on paper, and like to print out the profile with hand marked annotations, especially for training dives. That was what prompted my earlier "black font/light background request", so that I could at least print a screenshot. Have I missed an addition?
As platforms evolve and programming changes, there's nothing that quite replaces my dog-eared paper logbook, full of pics, comments and dive profiles.
Yes, we support printing on Shearwater Cloud desktop versions to PDF with multiple sizes that can then be printed out onto paper. Currently it has issues with certain language character sets (Chinese and Japanese) but we are actively working on the problem.

@Macan did you happen to notice if the 'End Surfacing GF' was equal to GF99 the moment of surfacing? Wondering if this is what it's meant to be.
For the GF discrepancy, it does appear that the app is capturing the final logged record instead of the moment of surfacing; we are also investigating this issue.

Found bug in Cloud software.
OC and CC gasses are switched in log. Oc gasses are in cc slot and vice versa. Only on Teric computer logs.
This has been verified on our side. Thanks for the spotting Valyngar!

The "buddy" field in Shearwater cloud is configured to force "Title Case" formatting and it does not allow punctuation of any kind. This is not helpful. It mangles peoples names and it makes it difficult to log multiple buddies. Just allow the user to type like any other free text field and at least allow periods and commas.
We have identified the issue with this field and will be fixing it in our next release.

Thank you for the feedback everyone, keep it coming!

Hello everyone, we've released a patch fix to Shearwater Cloud for mobile and desktop.

Here are the patch notes for v2.5.10:
• Buddy input field now accepts commas and special characters.
• Surface Interval display now handles surface intervals greater than 45 days.
• End surface GF now displays value at surfacing time rather than end of dive time.
• Fixed edge case on desktop where logging in with enter key would cause the user to log in offline.
• Date picker 12:00PM bug fixed.
•Mobile graph now supports O2MV and Battery toggles enabled via technical dive plot settings
•Improved safe area display for notched or cutout screens (for newer iPhones)
•Graph toggles now display correctly when rotating app
•Dropdowns checkmark now reflects selection on mobile

Thanks @Shearwater Cloud for this and being so proactive.

hi @Shearwater Cloud, perhaps I’m not doing it right but it appears that there is no change in the End Surf GF. After updating, the previous End Surf GF remains the same. I was expecting it to show a higher value that is identical to the computer SurfGF value when depth = 0. Thanks!

Yes, we support printing on Shearwater Cloud desktop versions to PDF with multiple sizes that can then be printed out onto paper.
Thank you! I found it.
One request, one minor bug:
Would be nice to have log page print out each item chosen for graphing, e.g SAC & GF, and not just depth. I'm still having to do a screen print
Summary box in bottom right corner of graph has too large a font to fit info in all page types selected.

Thanks!

@Shearwater Cloud. It seems that the update did not fix the SurfGF issue. Just confirmed on a deco dive today that the SurfGF on the computer doesn’t match the End Surfacing GF on the SW Cloud log. Discrepancy is around 15% wherein the value on the cloud log is Lower than the Actual SurfGF on the computer.

Perhaps a quick test on a pressure pot at your lab can help identify the issue and a solution. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom