Twin tank reg setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LanceRiley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i have an existing mk17 yoke which im converting to din.

I want to go twin tanks. How do you setup the mk17 for twin tanks?

Will there be a problem if i get a mk11 for the 2nd stage1? A bit cheaper lol

If Iwas you, I would get another MK17.
But of course also a MK11 is fine.
I like to have several identical regs for simplifying service and having less spare parts to carry with me.
I have 4 MK5 and 6 109, the newer is 1980 (45 years old). The others are even older..
I service them myself since 1978, when I was trained at SP factory, here in Italy.
I do not see any reason for replacing them with anything more recent (and less reliable)...

Does the mk11 and mk17 have similar internals? Overhaul kit?

Reg tech isnt taught here in thr Philippines. We usually send them over to thr dealer to have it overhauled.

SOMEBODY SUGGESTED I GET A MK2 for the stage reg

the mk11 and mk17 use the same internal components. Mk17 is environmentally sealed which is always my preference. With that being said the MK11 is a solid performer at an attractive price. Really can’t go wrong with either.

the mk11 and mk17 use the same internal components. Mk17 is environmentally sealed which is always my preference. With that being said the MK11 is a solid performer at an attractive price. Really can’t go wrong with either.

So mk11 isnt sealed? Thats the only difference right?

So how to setup with twin tanks?

So mk11 isnt sealed? Thats the only difference right?

So how to setup with twin tanks?

It’s not a great shot but here is how I setup my MK17s.

Attachments

• 54866A2D-6FE0-43C5-ACD8-59B3AA59D02A.png
    54866A2D-6FE0-43C5-ACD8-59B3AA59D02A.png
    414.3 KB · Views: 99
It’s not a great shot but here is how I setup my MK17s.

So both caps facing middle

Right 1st stage , is for primary 7ft hose and necklaced hose?
Left 1st stage is for inflator and spg? The 3rd i assume is drysuit?

There are others that setup with stage attaching to different stage 1s. Is that possible with the mk17?

Yes, the caps face inwards. Right post has long hose and wing LP inflator hose. Left post has necklace 2nd, SPG, and dry suit inflator hose.

Yes, the caps face inwards. Right post has long hose and wing LP inflator hose. Left post has necklace 2nd, SPG, and dry suit inflator hose.

Ok thats interesting... your inflator hose is on the right? So it has to cross to the left shoulder? To get to the inflator?

Necklaced is on the left. So do you have the necklaced reg approach on the left shoulder? Or does it still go around the right shoulder?

Ok thats interesting... your inflator hose is on the right? So it has to cross to the left shoulder? To get to the inflator?

Necklaced is on the left. So do you have the necklaced reg approach on the left shoulder? Or does it still go around the right shoulder?

check out this link for details on the standard DIR setup

Equipment Configuration

Back
Top Bottom