What do you drive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If that thing is boring you're not driving it right.
No, I meant I traded it in for a boring one. The F-type was fun, the E-pace is boring but does what it says on the tin.

4 wheels that transport my Bedrug around. Although it only moves it at 13 to 15 mpg. The bedrug is probably the greatest investment I ever made in diving. Extremely comfortable to kneel, sit, sleep, and change on. Very soft and impervious to bleach, and fuels. I can clean it with a pressure washer or a vacuum.

From time to time (single tank) I will take my commuter car. She is much more economical @ 40mpg. Usually if the drive is more than 30 to 45 minutes. But when I do it makes me appreciate the bed of the truck even more.

Whatever the airport rental counter has on special for family of 4.

Yesterday's dive on the Spiegel was pretty short and easy. So we had 3 rebreathers, three scooters and 6 bailout bottles and three oxygen bottles. We also had 3 drysuits and 3 undergarments.

That simply won't fit in just anything. And for a 5 hour commute one way, I prefer to drive in luxury :)

I’ve been looking for a low mileage 2010 or 2011 Honda Element. Not a luxury car but pretty practical. I’m surprised one recommendation hasn’t shown up yet.

Yesterday's dive on the Spiegel was pretty short and easy. So we had 3 rebreathers, three scooters and 6 bailout bottles and three oxygen bottles. We also had 3 drysuits and 3 undergarments.

That simply won't fit in just anything. And for a 5 hour commute one way, I prefer to drive in luxury :)
If you can't pack that into a full sized American pickup truck, your packing skills suck.

A 2004 Suzuki jimny. With the back seats folded down it fits 2 complete sets of diving gear, including doubles and dry suits.
Even all the stuff you need for a long weekend diving trip will fit.
If really needed stuff can go on the roof rack as wel.
IMG_20200122_132557.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom