Tech Diving Dry suit recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Ursuit.

Construction was great. Fit for an off the peg suit, pretty darn good. But after 3 years I am getting another. I took a gamble on the BDS. I heard the fabric had issues, but I also heard that it was corrected. Well there is a reason the BDS line no longer exists, it was still bad fabric. So well out of warranty they went ahead and did a good faith replacement for a small charge. Everyone involved considered it a fair deal. I went ahead and spent a little extra and did a made to measure and a few other little things. Waiting for it to arrive. Durasoft this time. So I will call it good customer service. Good enough I am coming back again.

On that list, I’d choose an FLX Extreme or a CF200 depending on personal preference.
Ditto—I have the FLX (neoprene lower and TLS top). When the water is 40F, I sometimes experience cold shoulders and wish I had the CF200. My recommendation is to opt for the custom fitting. I didn’t and eventually had it tailored.

@CAPTAIN SINBAD has (or had?) an Ursuit. He also had a good look at my Seaskin trilam. Maybe he can give his opinion on how they compare. The Seaskin is way less expensive...

were you ever able to dispute and reduce the customs bill you got on the seaskin?

were you ever able to dispute and reduce the customs bill you got on the seaskin?

I never paid it and never heard anything more about it. Not even when they delivered my 2nd Seaskin suit and sent me the bill for that (which was a totally fine $39).

If the suit you have is fine, why buy another? If the shop wants you to push their brands they should provide you with the model they'd like to sell the most of.
I asked them if I can use the rental suits they have to conduct the training but it seems that they don't have too many suits for my size and they priority will go to the students not me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom