Sony a6300: Blocking the Internal Flash?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DevilEyeDog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm working with two strobes and some small video lights. I have the Fantasea camera housing. The internal flash definitely contributes to adding "light" to the photo, but it comes across like an orange/brown flash in the photos. Has anyone played around or blocked the internal flash from lighting up the photo? I'm thinking about trying to create a "shield" so that the flash only focuses on strobe ports and doesn't really add anything to the photo. Thanks for your thoughts.

You can buy a solution: Fantasea Light Shielding Pad SEL16F28
or you could make something similar- if it's orange brown it will be flash reflecting off the internal surfaces. It's basically a ring of material to go round the lens to prevent light getting through to the port and reflecting off the glass.

Chris: You are brilliant! THANK YOU! That is exactly what I had in my head. Thank you so much. I figured someone was super smart and knew the answer. Thanks for being the Sony hero of the day!

Back
Top Bottom