Canadian Buying Gear....need help...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Set up a US post box or find a friend. Go visit, if they don't have a pool, throw the gear in the shower and bring it back wet in a tub. They don't know if it's new or 6 months old and you took it with you for a class.
I am sure you are not suggesting that the OP risk seizure of the dive gear and/or or his vehicle by lying to a Customs Officer. This type of info is likely to be shared with US Customs and the OP will find himself excluded from entry to the US. But perhaps you were just kidding.

D'ont forget to think about customs when ordering out of Canada

if you do a get it from the US yourself you will pay the taxes for sure. The killer are normally the brokerage fees, or the postal fees. Combine these 2 and man it get expensive. never shop with UPS or FedEx. Their brokerage fees in Canada is the same as the tax. So you end up paying twice as much.
US postal box, declare it and pay taxes at border crossing. You are still getting your gear 10 times cheaper

I am sure you are not suggesting that the OP risk seizure of the dive gear and/or or his vehicle by lying to a Customs Officer. This type of info is likely to be shared with US Customs and the OP will find himself excluded from entry to the US. But perhaps you were just kidding.
Of course. Why would I suggest he not declare new gear?

There isn't any need to pay the exchange rate, customs fees and duty. Where are you located? I can suggest a couple of good dive shops that sell on line. $1200 seems a little expensive for a used bp/w and regs.

if you do a get it from the US yourself you will pay the taxes for sure. The killer are normally the brokerage fees, or the postal fees. Combine these 2 and man it get expensive. never shop with UPS or FedEx. Their brokerage fees in Canada is the same as the tax. So you end up paying twice as much.
US postal box, declare it and pay taxes at border crossing. You are still getting your gear 10 times cheaper

Didn’t you tell me you order a lot from DGX? How is it with them?

Yes but I either get it ship USPS to Canada. Or to my US address and declare the cost.

still lots cheaper!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom