What is your favorite of all time regulator?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My most responded to comment ever!

Compared to pretty much to all other manufacturers. I don't remember the company (scuba tools?), but Apeks, Atomic, and others. There were about 5 companies shown with the tools required.

And yes, I like to service my own as LDSs have screwed up my regs a number of times.

Given that I don't service SP regs (almost done selling all the ones I had), I cannot confirm or deny the number of tools required for the MK25 Evo with S600/G260.
I think I can count the special tools needed for either example on the toes of my right hand :p

Scubapro AquaLung (or others)

is a well established company that has been around for over 50 years and has had many, many different regulator models over these decades, a lot more than other manufactures. If you look at it as an end user with one or two models, the specialized tools required won't be that many. I have looked at how many tools I needed to service all current SP regulators that are specific to SP, not really that many more than most other big companies with many models in their regulator line.

I fixed that statement for you. It is true for others, is it not???
-Aqualung established 1946, I didn't count all their models and model mods over time.

My Favorites:
SP 109 - dirt simple
SP 156 - also d.s.
Deep6 first - sealed turret I can service, once I get/make a box to hold the first while I torque it (ETA: Beginner Regulator Maintenance)

I fixed that statement for you.

It is true for others is it not???

-Aqualung established 1946, I didn't count all their models and models mods over time.

I am not sure that I am following you?

mine for over 15 years, its a winner....
brand-apeks-black-pearl-atx200_1_451dfd063982cc48afb8d3b426023bae.jpg

....once I get/make a box to hold the first while I torque it.

I don't understand what you mean by this? Excuse me, but I'm pretty new to servicing regs.

I don't understand what you mean by this? Excuse me, but I'm pretty new to servicing regs.

They are making a tool to hold the first stage in a shop vice so as to torque the DIN/Yoke nut and first stage orifice housing without damaging the stage.

N

Not my favorite but the Cressi Compact is the simplest 2nd stage I’ve ever serviced.

Really? Oh man, when looking at the specialty tools required for ScubaPro regs at DEMA, I was blown away how many were needed compared to others.

A Conshelf second, with side port, needs only a Phillips screwdriver, hex key and @herman tuning tool. Can't get much simpler. Although SP lists many tools, most are not necessary.

Back
Top Bottom