Fly then Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CaptainPanda

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Obviously, dive then fly is not a good idea. What about fly then dive? I'm assuming I can go diving the same day I fly into a location?

Obviously, dive then fly is not a good idea. What about fly then dive? I'm assuming I can go diving the same day I fly into a location?

How you do feel after even a short flight and the associated stuff? I know I’m no shape for diving after a long drive without a good night’s sleep in between.

I’ve never seen any reason not to dive immediately after arrival besides possible dehydration, physical tiredness, etc.

Another member was confused about this recently, so you might have a look here: Fly and Dive?

The decompression risks aren't quite the same.

Main issue I'd be worried about is dehydrated or overtired which could lead to issues.

I don't have the experience others have here, but I have done a dive a few hours after the plane landed, and a few more the morning after the plane lands. I do think I have a little more trouble equalizing if the dive is shortly after the flight.

You have a computer...breathe Nitrox...no deeper than 100?

Have fun, go splash.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom