Check my shopping cart - BP/W harness components

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Agreed, just buy the whole thing in one bag if you're starting from scratch, I did that for my steel backplate setup, came with everything I needed. I believe the DGX kit comes with a 2" crotch strap.

You don't need the shoulder pads at all, especially not to protect the wetsuit. If anything I think those shoulder pads are to make it a little more comfortable for some people diving without exposure protection. I have two harnesses, one with and one without, and honestly I don't think they make much of a difference.

Agreed, just buy the whole thing in one bag if you're starting from scratch, I did that for my steel backplate setup, came with everything I needed. I believe the DGX kit comes with a 2" crotch strap.

You don't need the shoulder pads at all, especially not to protect the wetsuit. If anything I think those shoulder pads are to make it a little more comfortable for some people diving without exposure protection. I have two harnesses, one with and one without, and honestly I don't think they make much of a difference.

they help if you're diving without any exposure protection, but if you have even the thinnest of wetsuits on, it's more than enough.

Good to hear re: the shoulder padding. I’ll always be diving in either a 3mm shortie or full suit, so will always have a layer between me and the nylon.

Store | Vintage Double Hose

Full basic kit under $50. I like the shoulder pads or at least tube webbing over the shoulders. Even with a thin suit or a rash guard for tropical diving I get large, ugly, purple bruises on my shoulders and arms from the webbing. I bruise very easy to say the least. VDH and Oxycheq both have nice neoprene covers.

N

Even with a thin suit or a rash guard for tropical diving I get large, ugly, purple bruises on my shoulders and arms from the webbing. I bruise very easy to say the least. VDH and Oxycheq both have nice neoprene covers.
You must bruise very easily, I don't get any bruises from plain webbing even when diving shirtless. Any chance your webbing is a bit too tight?

As far as a basic harness kit, here's what I'm currently using and am quite happy with it. The only thing missing are the innertube strips. $45 with black crotch strap and black or colored webbing: Piranha Dive Mfg Hogarthian Harness

You must bruise very easily, I don't get any bruises from plain webbing even when diving shirtless. Any chance your webbing is a bit too tight?

As far as a basic harness kit, here's what I'm currently using and am quite happy with it. The only thing missing are the innertube strips. $45 with black crotch strap and black or colored webbing: More Options! & Now Black Hardware! Hogarthian Harness (Dir) for Backplates

No, my harness is very loose, very loose and I bruise very easily. And when I say loose, I mean very loose. But when I stand up, loose or not, the straps come down on my shoulders and also rub my arms getting in and out. There are underlying causes for it and they are outside of a forum discussion. I am just saying, some people do like and use the covers. I am one of them. I would not automatically dismiss them as unneeded.

For example, from my camera lens test pool dive two nights ago:

IMG-0428.jpg

N

You could go this route, add a v weight and be done with it. :java:

There are underlying causes for it and they are outside of a forum discussion. I am just saying, some people do like and use the covers. I am one of them. I would not automatically dismiss them as unneeded.

For example, from my camera lens test pool dive two nights ago:

View attachment 572259

N
Ouch.

I'm happy to agree that certain medical conditions make covers a preferred option. And probably also for a diver who often faces long walks over rough terrain on their way to the dive entry. But, to be fair, the OP didn't mention anything like that and for the average person and the average dive, they offer no benefit and have - admittedly minor - drawbacks in terms of added bulk, buoyancy, and cost.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom