Warranty question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattspiral8

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
do you guys know if i buy a used regulator online, whether on here or craigslist/ebay/fb, would it still be covered under warranty? Since i wont be the original owner, not sure if passes onto the new owner.

It depends on the specific brand, each company has different a different warranty.

do you know if ScubaPro allows it?

I dont own ScubaPro regs so i have no idea but generally speaking - no one is writing your name and sending it off to the company records when you buy a reg, the warranty is based on the equipment so theoretically anyone can send a defective reg under warranty as long as they are in possession of it.

This how ever may not apply to all manufactures so it might be worth taking a detailed look in their "warranty" section which im sure you'll be able to find online.

https://www.scubapro.com/scubapro-warranty

The source usually has the most accurate information

ETA:
"If I buy a SCUBAPRO product in my country, do I have a lifetime warranty worldwide?

Only SCUBAPRO regulators and select fin models are covered by a lifetime worldwide warranty to the original owner, provided they have been purchased through an Authorized Dealer.

Regarding regulators, they must be serviced every 24 months or 100 dives (whichever comes first) by an Authorized Dealer, using original SCUBAPRO spare parts, in order to maintain the lifetime warranty."

do you guys know if i buy a used regulator online, whether on here or craigslist/ebay/fb, would it still be covered under warranty? Since i wont be the original owner, not sure if passes onto the new owner.

So far as I recall -- unless things have radically changed -- regulator warranties cannot be transferred to second parties; equipment has to be purchased through an approved dealer; and any agreement only remains with that original purchaser . . .

Other than a serious defect, that may be taken care of if it effects all or most of a given regulator model, warrenty’s are useless, parts for life is more scam that useful but can work out if you dive a lot and don’t do your own service.

You will receive what my old Uncle Red called a Arkansas guarantee. "If it breaks in half, both halves is your".

Warranty only for original owner is pretty standard. I am not familiar with any exceptions.
But also, if there is ever a consumer recall issue, it is usually applied universally and not just for warranty holders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom