I might regret asking this, but...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are a coldwater sort.

I prefer thin merino wool if I must to have something wet against my skin. I have a drysuit that an instructor sized for me, it is like shrink-wrap. I foolishly took it to Ontario for ice diving without first trying my heavy thermals in it. My thermals would NOT fit in that wetsuit. So, I dove ice in just thin Merino woolies and was fine, even where the water leaked in.

Disclaimer: I have NOT tried thin Merino wool with my wetsuit, (I use bicycle shorts, very stretchy and my car key goes in the pocket).

Stoo is going to Belize. :)

@Stoo I mostly see the guys here wear some sort of compression shorts. UnderArmour type stuff. Doesn’t bunch up like board shorts would.

When I wear a wetsuit (not often). I wear a speedo. 9 yrs active duty I have no modesty left and wetsuit comes off, towel on till dry then shorts and jeans so the speedo is only showing for a few seconds.

If that doesn't work for you the jammers as mentioned above might work as long as they don't bunch up (they still do on me).

All my guy friends old and young wear speedos under wetsuits. Just be comfortable. They all hate too much fabric bunching up as do I for myself.

If I pull out the banana hammock, Mrs Stoo will disown me...

Fack, I guess I need to go shopping.

When I was there three weeks ago, the water was toasty so I just wore a vest and board shorts. Best solution... so freeeeeee to peeeeee. o_O

I hear the jammers on Makospearguns.com are good, and are a good price. I’ve been using Mares jammers that I got through Leisure Pro, and they work well. Will probably try the Mako brand when I am in need of another pair.

Erik

When I still wore wetsuits, I wore nothing under them.

I'm not sure the others on the boat would fully appreciate what they're seeing. :troll:

If I pull out the banana hammock, Mrs Stoo will disown me...

Fack, I guess I need to go shopping.

When I was there three weeks ago, the water was toasty so I just wore a vest and board shorts. Best solution... so freeeeeee to peeeeee. o_O

:rofl3:

I wear my swim trunks. Like your first post the boarder type. I don’t have any issues with them. I’m not a guy to wear a Speedo as I carry some weight but hide it well. I wear them in a full length and also wear them with my shorty wet suit. I don’t feel like there’s any issue when doing so, pretty comfortable for me.

Glenn

Back
Top Bottom