Jupiter March 4-6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadada

Diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I haven't been down since the 1st week of February when I got in 3 out of 4 days of diving. I came back down on Wed the 3rd, with hopes for 7 days of diving. It started out strong, with 3 days of diving. Unfortunately, looks like I will not get out again this trip.

I went out with Jupiter Dive Center all 3 days:

Wednesday March 4: 1st dive was Lemon Drop. We only had about 8 Lemon Sharks, mostly pairs, that made short encounters. 2nd dive was Tunnels. We had several Reef Sharks, several Goliath Grouper and a few Green and Loggerhead Turtles as well as usual reef fish. Water was 76 degrees, visibility only about 20 feet, very brisk current. We ended Tunnels in the sand.

Thursday March 5: 1st dive Scarface to Bonnie's and 2nd dive Spadefish Point to Bluffs. We had several Reef Sharks, a couple of Lemon Sharks, Nurse Sharks, Green and Loggerhead Turtles and usual reef fish. Water was 76-7 degrees, visibility still around 20 feet and very brisk current.

Friday March 6: The 3 tanker was cancelled for this day, did 2 tanks. 1st dive was on the Wreck Trek. We had Lemon Sharks and Goliath Grouper on the Zion Train, Lemon Sharks, Goliath Grouper, and Bull Sharks on the Esso Bonaire. A couple of the Bulls followed us up to the safety stop. The 2nd dive was Area 51 to Spadefish Point. We had quite a few Reef Sharks and several Green and Loggerhead Turtles. Water was again 76-7 degrees. Visibility was much better, 50-60 feet on the Wreck Trek and 30-50 feet on the reef. Current was brisk on the wrecks, more variable on the reef from fast to nearly nothing.

Beggars can't be choosers, 6 good dives with JDC. Still holding out, but not optimistic for more dives on this visit. First two weeks of April on Bonaire should give me many more dives :)

Hey buddy

Just dived those recently - a couple of weeks ago.

Its rough today, and will be for several days. Glad you were able to get in early this week before this blown-out weekend. :)

- K

I haven't been down since the 1st week of February when I got in 3 out of 4 days of diving. I came back down on Wed the 3rd, with hopes for 7 days of diving. It started out strong, with 3 days of diving. Unfortunately, looks like I will not get out again this trip.

I went out with Jupiter Dive Center all 3 days:

Wednesday March 4: 1st dive was Lemon Drop. We only had about 8 Lemon Sharks, mostly pairs, that made short encounters. 2nd dive was Tunnels. We had several Reef Sharks, several Goliath Grouper and a few Green and Loggerhead Turtles as well as usual reef fish. Water was 76 degrees, visibility only about 20 feet, very brisk current. We ended Tunnels in the sand.

Thursday March 5: 1st dive Scarface to Bonnie's and 2nd dive Spadefish Point to Bluffs. We had several Reef Sharks, a couple of Lemon Sharks, Nurse Sharks, Green and Loggerhead Turtles and usual reef fish. Water was 76-7 degrees, visibility still around 20 feet and very brisk current.

Friday March 6: The 3 tanker was cancelled for this day, did 2 tanks. 1st dive was on the Wreck Trek. We had Lemon Sharks and Goliath Grouper on the Zion Train, Lemon Sharks, Goliath Grouper, and Bull Sharks on the Esso Bonaire. A couple of the Bulls followed us up to the safety stop. The 2nd dive was Area 51 to Spadefish Point. We had quite a few Reef Sharks and several Green and Loggerhead Turtles. Water was again 76-7 degrees. Visibility was much better, 50-60 feet on the Wreck Trek and 30-50 feet on the reef. Current was brisk on the wrecks, more variable on the reef from fast to nearly nothing.

Beggars can't be choosers, 6 good dives with JDC. Still holding out, but not optimistic for more dives on this visit. First two weeks of April on Bonaire should give me many more dives :)
Nice report Craig. Sounds like some amazing dives; and water temps are definitely a few degrees better than our time together diving last month.
Just settling in back home myself right now after 2 morning boat dives in the South Puget Sound. Water temp 46-47F
Enjoy Bonaire! I know you will!

Thank you for posting a great little slice of home!

My dives in December on Lemon Drop, Tunnels and the Wreck Trek were very similar except it was the peak of Lemon Shark season so I lost count....they were like pigeons in a park.

Headed home to Florida at the end of this week but sadly not taking my dive kit, just not enough time on this visit.

However, I’ll be picking up my new BlackTip I bought from Deep 6 Gear and flying it back as checked baggage (in a new shipping case) to the Red Sea. Pretty jazzed about that and I’m looking forward to the day I can use it in Florida on either side.

The weather this winter has been very consistent...............
Unfortunately that means windy. Glad you got out with JDC !!

Waves were breaking over most of the north jetty at the Boynton Inlet this morning :(

The weather this winter has been very consistent...............
Unfortunately that means windy. Glad you got out with JDC !!
One of the long time charter fishing captains(56 yrs) out of Islamorada said this is the windiest he can remember
In my 15 yrs living here it is definitely up there

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom