Intova HD2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dead eyes - Wells Burt, Lake Michigan
Stern - North Star, Lake Huron
I'm thinking of doing a trip with Double Action out of Hammond in June (need to be in rec limits 130' or shallower). Any noteworthy wrecks I should try to line up? Looking at first full weekend in June potentially. Just gotta confirm with the 2 other buddies.

I'm thinking of doing a trip with Double Action out of Hammond in June (need to be in rec limits 130' or shallower). Any noteworthy wrecks I should try to line up? Looking at first full weekend in June potentially. Just gotta confirm with the 2 other buddies.

The Straits of Mackinac (former Straits car ferry purpose sunk in the early 2000s) and Rotarian are the deepest at 75-80ft. Love the Rotarian, but my favorites are the Wells Burt (45ft) and Louisville (60ft). Many enjoy the Material Service Barge (35ft), which has wide open cargo holds that are easy to explore.

The Straits of Mackinac (former Straits car ferry purpose sunk in the early 2000s) and Rotarian are the deepest at 75-80ft. Love the Rotarian, but my favorites are the Wells Burt (45ft) and Louisville (60ft). Many enjoy the Material Service Barge (35ft), which has wide open cargo holds that are easy to explore.

Awesome! Thanks! Yeah we are in to more natural wrecks rather than purposely sunk ones and shallow doesn't matter all that much. I'm not out to prove any depth records to anyone. Is the viz affected by the shallowness at all?

Awesome! Thanks! Yeah we are in to more natural wrecks rather than purposely sunk ones and shallow doesn't matter all that much. I'm not out to prove any depth records to anyone. Is the viz affected by the shallowness at all?

The Mac was the only purpose sunk one, other than the Holly Barge. The Rotarian has a neat boiler and Prohibition beer bottles are in the wreckage. You can tough, but not take!

Forgot about the Tacoma tug! Maybe 40ft.

Sometimes viz is, and sometimes it isn’t! The tug formerly known as the Luther Loomis. Turns out it was too long to be the Loomis! I’ve helped survey it for UASC. Good dive! It’s about 50ft.

This the former Luther Loomis
939CB73B-C382-475E-AD44-32C7F10F2834.jpeg

Sorry, once you get me going, I can’t stop. These wrecks are in my backyard and what I dive pretty often.

Sorry, once you get me going, I can’t stop. These wrecks are in my backyard and what I dive pretty often.

No need to apologize, as far as I am concerned!!

DW

Oh no this is great info. I'm hoping to dive all the Great Lakes and only have Michigan and Superior left. Sounds like you know Michigan like I know Erie.

Oh no this is great info. I'm hoping to dive all the Great Lakes and only have Michigan and Superior left. Sounds like you know Michigan like I know Erie.

Yes, at least the southern part. Becoming more acquainted with Huron, as well. Definitely need to hit Erie. Maybe later this year. I’ve only done Michigan and Huron, but when I only live an hour from the Hammond boat and Milwaukee is about 90 minutes the opposite way, it’s really easy to do a lot of diving here.

Back
Top Bottom