Air fare bargains are appearing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

6'7 and 265lbs and it is uncomfortable no matter where I end up on a plane except first row in first class. Thankfully that's where I will be on my trip 2 weeks from today. As for the people telling me they would pay the change fee and switch my flight, I bought before the coronavirus outbreak and payed for trip insurance. If I switched now and something happened with flight or liveaboard due to coronavirus in the next 2 weeks I would be out of luck and the trip insurance wouldn't cover it.

6'7 and 265lbs and it is uncomfortable no matter where I end up on a plane except first row in first class. Thankfully that's where I will be on my trip 2 weeks from today. As for the people telling me they would pay the change fee and switch my flight, I bought before the coronavirus outbreak and payed for trip insurance. If I switched now and something happened with flight or liveaboard due to coronavirus in the next 2 weeks I would be out of luck and the trip insurance wouldn't cover it.

I hope your berth is big enough.

I got upgraded to first class once on Continental about halfway from Cozumel to Houston. I was in an aisle seat next to a guy in the middle seat who must've weighed 400 lbs and not much of it muscle; he was flowing over the armrest like an amoeba. I was in the second or third seat in coach and I could see that first class was pretty empty (coach was full). I gave the flight attendant my best sad puppy eyes and she got me up and moved me. I was SO grateful!

When the first class attendant started offering me drinks I turned them down because I was only there as a refugee.

I was in an aisle seat next to a guy in the middle seat who must've weighed 400 lbs and not much of it muscle; he was flowing over the armrest like an amoeba.

I was on a Southwest flight in the exit row. You know, the two seat row...

The lady next to me was exactly as you described that guy above. I thought for sure the flight attendant would remove her from the exit row as she would have clogged the hatch opening. She could not assist in an evacuation. They allowed her to stay.

Then, she told me that she needed help lifting the armrest between us because it was uncomfortable for her. I told her that I paid for a full seat with an arm rest on each side. I finished with, I won't share my seat with you.

She did not speak to me for the rest of the flight.

cheers,
m

Just got HOU to CZM late March $276 RT

Dave Dillehay

Then, she told me that she needed help lifting the armrest between us because it was uncomfortable for her. I told her that I paid for a full seat with an arm rest on each side. I finished with, I won't share my seat with you.

She did not speak to me for the rest of the flight.
Not that you cared. I feel sorry for folks who really need to buy two seats, but that's their responsibility. I used to enjoy window seats until I got stuck between one of those and a window. Aisles only ever since.

I remember a cute young lady in the middle seat next to me on the way to Cozumel once. She asked if I would change seats with her husband in a nearby middle seat. I told her I picked my seat months ago and wasn't changing, then went to sleep. I was guessing airline employees flying for free.

Just got HOU to CZM late March $276 RT

Dave Dillehay
upload_2020-3-10_18-34-3.png

It won't be, but I will make due. Diving Socorro has been a bucket list trip for me and I have the opportunity and means to do so. You could make me sleep on the RHIB and I would still go

Agreed. I Will get there, too.

I remember a cute young lady in the middle seat next to me on the way to Cozumel once. She asked if I would change seats with her husband in a nearby middle seat. I told her I picked my seat months ago and wasn't changing, then went to sleep. I was guessing airline employees flying for free.

Unless we are dating, I'm not giving up my aisle seat.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom