I bought a house in Lake City

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not going to be able to finish my Cave to Cave CCR crossover here in Germany before everything is packed up and on the way.

After June, I'll need an instructor who can cross me over, and teach me what I don't yet know while I'm using either my XCCR or my SF2. NSS/CDS, or IANTD are preferable, but if the Instructor is good but not impossible, any certification that gets me into Ginnie is ok.

Michael

Go with Ted McCoy on the SF2. One of the hardest working and ethical instructors in Cave Country and he works for ScubaForce USA. Ken Salot @kensuf is also a great instructor as well as being one of the hardest working and ethical instructors here in Cave Country. He works at UF. You simply can't go wrong with either. BTW, ScubaForce USA is based out of Lake City.

Go with Ted McCoy on the SF2. One of the hardest working and ethical instructors in Cave Country and he works for ScubaForce USA. Ken Salot @kensuf is also a great instructor as well as being one of the hardest working and ethical instructors here in Cave Country. He works at UF. You simply can't go wrong with either. BTW, ScubaForce USA is based out of Lake City.
Not sure that Ted would want to be seen with me.
I have had several run ins with Horst Dererichs where I've said that he should go back to selling refrigerators to the Eskimos and sand to the Saudis, but get the hell out of the diving business. The main differences between Trump and Dederichs are that Trump runs a country and Dederichs just a company.

When I'm in Lake City I'll drive up highway 90 and talk to Ted, maybe he'll be willing to teach me as long as I keep my mouth shut.

Michael

You might be Ted's neighbor. He lives in Lake City.

Maybe, but ScubaForce is much closer to Tom Mount's that it is to me. I'm back in the woods behind the Shell station / Enterprise Car Rental as you get into the center of town. Tom Mount's is 4 miles farther out of town than I am.

Michael

Looks like IANTD and ScubaForce have ajoining space in the same ex-warehouse out along NW Ethan Pl at the north west end of Lake City.

I learned a lot in Ken Sal lot’s ccr crossover. I would highly recommend it. He’s got a busy schedule so don’t know when he’d be opening back up. Lots of people complain about having to take the cave ccr course. After taking Ken’s course I think everyone should take it. I think the people that complain it was pointless took it with an instructor who just wanted to give them a card and not teach.

Both of them are simply stellar and are anything but petty or vindictive. They don't get into cave politics like some others do.

ScubaForce USA is owned by Jason Black and he's pretty chill, at least to me. His adding Ted was a genius move in my opinion. Ted doesn't seem to take sides at all. Yes, IANTD and ScubaForce are side by side physically only, but they don't share any other similarities that I have seen. Like I said: no pettiness and no vindictiveness.

All my dive gear is now packed:yeahbaby:. On the weekend I packed another 10 boxes or so of clothes, books, dishes and so on. I can see light at the end of the packing and am now prepared to enjoy the fun of finding a shipping company that is still working and willing to put everything I own in a 20' container and move it from Germany to Lake City :( Then spend another 7-10 days disassembling furniture and packing everything that doesn't fit in one suitcase before the container shows up and is loaded.

As far as shipping goes, I've finally almost got used to the thought that the water has to come out of my king size waterbed before I ship it. Sleeping on an air matress for the 6-8 weeks it'll take before my stuff is in Florida isn't going to be fun and if my cat Kater is pissed, I'll have to buy an extra tube or 2 of Aquasure.

Wish me luck.

Michael

, any certification that gets me into Ginnie is ok.

Michael

If you are going to be a Floridian expand your horizons well beyond Ginnie, because there are some awesome caves out there that fall off the radar screen. Ginnie has become a pretty beat up cave that has really lost the beauty it once had.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom