Bonaire's travel update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for posting this rmorgan. My brother had told me a few days ago there weren't any cases on island. We're heading there 2nd week of April and as long as the plane is flying, we'll be on it! Hopefully nothing changes between now and then that keeps the planes grounded.

I read somewhere that the virus may be heat sensitive and cannot survive long in temps above 80. This may not help from person to person transmission but may with surface transfers in places like Bon. Unfortunately for us traveling divers, persons arriving by plane and cruise ships are the biggest threat to a Bon and a ban may be in the cards. KLM flights from Europe should be on the top of any list.

I have a trip booked for June. Fingers crossed. My trip in two weeks to CH just cancelled. Things are changing pretty quickly.

Travel from Europe is done through the end of march, and cruise ships are not able to dock anymore either.

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 71
I read somewhere that the virus may be heat sensitive and cannot survive long in temps above 80. This may not help from person to person transmission but may with surface transfers in places like Bon. Unfortunately for us traveling divers, persons arriving by plane and cruise ships are the biggest threat to a Bon and a ban may be in the cards. KLM flights from Europe should be on the top of any list.

Total nonsense about the 80F
A person's body is 96+

Maybe 80c, lol

Total nonsense about the 80F
A person's body is 96+

Maybe 80c, lol
Actually, there is a big difference between a viruses ability to survive on a surface versus inside a person’s body where the virus is actively reproducing. So... not necessarily nonsense!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom