Covid-19 Travel Restrictions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No one can answer with some degree of certainty. I would recommend not to make any program in the next months, until we know better.
Tell us how things are in Italy. It is good to hear from people we "know".

Your wife’s cousin, who should have been self isolating, could have asked others who had not just been on a cruise to do the shopping for her. Just drop the food off for her.

There were quite a few on the ship in Japan that were infected and felt nothing.

Your people should have had groceries delivered by a service or a friend/family member

That is how I read it but somehow I am quite convinced it was not the writer's intention.

Really doesn't matter how related to him. The point is that the people should have self-isolated and had groceries delivered.

Unfortunately some (many?) people are behaving like idiots. My wife's cousin and her husband have just returned from an infected cruise ship to their home. Neither are showing any symptoms nor have they been in contact with anyone who has. She had no choice but to go out for shopping on their return and now they are receiving all sorts of insults on Facebook. In order to stem this disease it is necessary for quite a large % of the population to catch it and gain immunity. It is just a case of managing the rate of infection so that health services are not overwhelmed with too many serious cases that require intensive care. There is a real risk that if "lock downs" of the population are too effective herd immunity will not take place and the whole problem will flare up again when restrictions are lifted. I have 3 dive vacations booked, all to island destinations. The countries which govern these islands have already banned flights to their mainland or airlines are stopping flights because of insufficient passenger numbers. My feeling is that scaremongering over covid 19 is going to result in an unnecessarily large amount of economic damage.

Think of what the economic damage is going to be if we don't stop this thing!

Think of what the economic damage is going to be if we don't stop this thing!
Unfortunately, some economic models predict that the economic damage will be smaller if no action is taken, and the health system is left to crash. Many more people will die, but the immunity will spread as fast as the virus, as people getting it, but surviving, can start back they normal life quickly.
Even more unfortunately, it seems that some governments are actively pursuing this line of "no action", placing economic wealth before human lifes: see here for example Boris Johnson defending this strategy:
How Britain’s Insanely Risky Coronavirus Experiment Will Affect the U.S.

All Arabian Gulf countries are in lock down now, no travel between any of them, my OPEX for Q1 is going to be well within limits :D

Fortunately we still have some reasonable diving around here otherwise I'd go crazy at weekends.

Unfortunately, some economic models predict that the economic damage will be smaller if no action is taken, and the health system is left to crash. Many more people will die, but the immunity will spread as fast as the virus, as people getting it, but surviving, can start back they normal life quickly.
Even more unfortunately, it seems that some governments are actively pursuing this line of "no action", placing economic wealth before human lifes: see here for example Boris Johnson defending this strategy:
How Britain’s Insanely Risky Coronavirus Experiment Will Affect the U.S.

Omg and I was so pleased and excited for my sister and her family to be transferred to London from Singapore, as were they. :(:(

Back
Top Bottom