Where to buy amazing pictures?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Palawan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dear all
I am looking to buy a few incredible pictures (Wes Skyles), award winning shots to hang in my apartment. I seem to have a huge issue finding any online. One great one would be the much used one of the Pit Cenote,... would really love it in the office.

Any idea where i can find these pictures? Any tips to websites or photographers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
MM

Brian Skerry (National Geographic photographer) sells amazing photos off his website. You can call him and talk to him. He even signed the large wall photo of the famous Southern right whale photo that graced the pages of National Geographics. Right Whales | National Geographic

I have tons of absolutely unamazing shots and some even quite dreadful. I bet if you bought even a cheap UW camera you could too! In fact, I have found that, speaking of back in the film days, if I had any shot in focus and exposed properly from an entire trip I was amazed. Now with digital cameras I find the amazingness of my photos is directly, but inversely proportional to the cost of my camera equipment and with digital I can take hundreds of dreadfully unamazing photos. Having just spent enough money to fund a space launch on a new camera this spring, I am sure my photos will now be absolutely unamazing and probably suck totally. So pick up a camera and jump in the water, the result may be less than amazing but they will be much more meaningful to you or your friends even if they are not totally amazing or even unamazing entirely, Canon S90:

IMG-1055.jpg

I think I even had a photo published once, they offered to give me some money for the image file. I gave it to them for free. Good thing I had not deleted the trash bucket on my Mac in a long while or it would have been gone, as it was that horrid. And I took it with a Canon A570 with the built in flash. It was similar to this one but much worse:

IMG-1563-edited-1.jpg

And this totally unamazing shot here may have been done with a Kodak 110 Instamatic, I call it, Sun Ball in Jelly, I was only like 12yo, my teacher gave me an A for the report, now that was amazing:

IMG-1560-edited-1.jpg

N

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom