Bay Islands, new C19 Restrictions announced on 3/16

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is a political nature to the no diving dictate.

WRT strapping a tank on and getting wet, that is an option. I was hoping to at least start my DM cert...

There is a political nature to the no diving dictate.

WRT strapping a tank on and getting wet, that is an option. I was hoping to at least start my DM cert...

There are those of us that would be extremely happy to for that to even be an option. It was 32° where I am last night. Its Been close to a year since my last dives and Im overly stressed out for a couple months now. Be happy you're somewhere warm, safe and sunny. Shrug

There are always 'buts', and this is no different - we should have been home tonight as we have responsibilities there - not children, but still important. As such, I would rather be home...

Ray

There are always 'buts', and this is no different - we should have been home tonight as we have responsibilities there - not children, but still important. As such, I would rather be home...

Ray

Im sure, just saying it could be worse.
3 states around and in the midwest are shuttering restaurants, bars, events, etc so given the choice id rather be where you are.

Added in the people whom I am still seeing utilize public bathrooms at stores, restaurants etc that are still Not washing hands and Im sure this isnt going to be over for awhile. There are always 'the other side of the coin' scenarios, but given the choice id be down there with a tank on even of its shore only. :)

Ray

If you can arrange us a private plane Ill split the cost and trade places with you :yeahbaby:

I'm pretty sure Robinson Crusoe wanted to come home. If you're trapped in paradise, it's not paradise any more.

Currently at Coco View. Delta has informed us our flight on Saturday is canceled. However going as they advise to "manage my trip" on the Delta app it still shows us on that flight. We will see what tomorrow brings. The latest rumor is a week from Saturday we will get out. At this point the DM's, Eddie, stated he was unsure if we would dive tomorrow. We have heard citizens over 18, may go to the grocery store, the pharmacy, and work. We are hoping to have staff here for cooking.
As it stands, as long as we stay healthy there are much worse places to be marooned.
Stay safe, be well.

Hi All,

My wife and I are on Utila. We have been told that the Roatan airport is closed. That said there was a United flight that got out to Houston this afternoon. We were unable to get seats...

We seem to be getting mixed messages. We heard that all travel air, land, sea was shut down...

As much as we like it here, we would live to get home (Boston). That said, if we are to be stuck this is a good place to be.

To make matters worse, no diving...

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Ray

Maybe you could take Tropic to BZE?

For Air Transat, there is a couple that spent hours on the phone with them and was able to book a flight home on Thursday (the flight I am scheduled on). This flight has been cleared to land to take their Canadian passengers home. I haven’t heard about later flights.

I’m staying in West End and police came by early yesterday and told the dive shops to close (a friend was at West End Divers when they came by). Later in the day, the dive shops were told they could open again. I got in two dives yesterday afternoon.

Reactions: Doc

Back
Top Bottom