Sorry if this is a dup: split refs for sidemount

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tank79

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have looked but I am sure I am just not getting th correct search criteria but....
I have a single tank setup with and xtx50 and a xtx50 sage second. Everything I look at says these are the same refs except color. So my question is with the addition of another 1st stage and proper gauges could these be split for side mount doubles? Also my first post but I am a long time stalker so be gentle.

I have looked but I am sure I am just not getting th correct search criteria but....
I have a single tank setup with and xtx50 and a xtx50 sage second. Everything I look at says these are the same refs except color. So my question is with the addition of another 1st stage and proper gauges could these be split for side mount doubles? Also my first post but I am a long time stalker so be gentle.

The green one is the "nitrox" version - which is completely unnecessary for a 2nd stage anyway.
1st stages need to be cleaned when used with >40% o2 content - but not 2nd stages.

spell check please...

The second stages are the same as @rjack321 said. You can get an extra first stage and split them up. I would look at the cost of a DST first stage plus all of the hoses and SPG's, and depending on which school of sidemount you are looking at, the cost of the 5th port kits for both. Weigh that against the cost of a new Deep6 Signature set. Support a local GA business on top of that

What is your current 1st stage with the xtx50? They are the same 2nd stage so yes they can be used. As tbone1004 said look at the DAT 1st stage as the turret assists with hose routing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom