Sad to say Curaçao has made the restrictions list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well that sucks. Last Nov the AA flight cancellation hurt this has got to be 10 fold worse. Here (Indiana) all restaurants are closed to dine in. Some converting to carryout.... Hopefully this is over sooner rather than later.

Thank you for passing on real world experience and observation. We don't want to experience Italy's and Iran's reality. In the last week or so many more Americans have woken up and are understanding the issue. Unfortunately, there are still a lot of people who think this is not a big deal and we are overreacting. Anyone which a high school understanding of math should be able to understand the issue.

Thank you for passing on real world experience and observation. We don't want to experience Italy's and Iran's reality. In the last week or so many more Americans have woken up and are understanding the issue. Unfortunately, there are still a lot of people who think this is not a big deal and we are overreacting. Anyone which a high school understanding of math should be able to understand the issue.
You should learn from our errors. We did underestimate the problem and leave the infection to spread without knowing, and hence taking no action, for approximately one month. When we discovered how large was the spread, it was too late, despite the strong actions taken at that point.
You should close everything NOW if you do not want to make our same path...
This is definitely NOT like a seasonal flu!

We just returned from Curacao on the 14th. At that time KLM was flying in empty planes to get people home to Europe.I think it was the 13th when the PM of Curacao announced that they were closing their borders.

We just returned from Curacao on the 14th. At that time KLM was flying in empty planes to get people home to Europe.I think it was the 13th when the PM of Curacao announced that they were closing their borders.

I left Curacao on the 14th as well. I have a buddy who was studying down at Carmabi in Curacao just get told by his university sponsor he has to leave the island and fly back to the UK. A whole semester of research down the drain.

Follow this thread for the latest updates and links: Dive Curaçao Update: Coronavirus on Curacao

We hope to see you soon... until then, please stay healthy and safe!
90284159_10159462194299908_4535229252596924416_o.jpg

With your government closing its borders (no objection to that), and seeing the response from Curacao tourism entities not allowing refunds, I am somewhat hesitant to ever repeat a visit. This is after three trips over the last two years, and planned many more.

dushi seems a misnomer...

Back
Top Bottom