Air fare bargains are appearing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just checked my booked flight on AA and it’s actually a few dollars more now. It’s Business Class so perhaps that’s the reason.

April 18-26 NYC to CUN as low as $216RT

NYC to CZM same dates $324.95

will have no choice but to book CZM in a few weeks...:)

I heard this morning that United is suspending Cozumel operations on next Wednesday the 25th. I am assuming that booked customers would still be accommodated thru Cancun. Not sure of the status of the other carriers.

United's reservation search

upload_2020-3-18_8-18-11.png

I heard this morning that United is suspending Cozumel operations on next Wednesday the 25th. I am assuming that booked customers would still be accommodated thru Cancun. Not sure of the status of the other carriers.
I have read that the ferries are suspending operation from Playa to COZ, so the bag drag is not an option.

I have read that the ferries are suspending operation from Playa to COZ, so the bag drag is not an option.
The article I found stayed WinJet was reducing it's schedule. I can not believe that the federal government would allow a complete shutdown.

The article I found stayed WinJet was reducing it's schedule. I can not believe that the federal government would allow a complete shutdown.

Unless the Federal Government nationalizes the airlines it's not likely they will step in to instruct an independent company they have to operate at a loss. The only thing I can think of that compares with what you're suggesting is when Reagan acted to fire all the air traffic controllers when they went on strike and held the airlines - and those flying - hostage. Maybe this is comparable? I'm not sure. All of this is unprecedented and really demands a great deal of creative thinking.

Behave as if you are already infected and you are trying to prevent giving it to people.

Unless the Federal Government nationalizes the airlines it's not likely they will step in to instruct an independent company they have to operate at a loss. The only thing I can think of that compares with what you're suggesting is when Reagan acted to fire all the air traffic controllers when they went on strike and held the airlines - and those flying - hostage. Maybe this is comparable? I'm not sure. All of this is unprecedented and really demands a great deal of creative thinking.

The post to which you were responding was talking about the Mexican government with respect to the ferry between Coz and PDC. Perhaps you are still right and the government doesn't have that authority but I wouldn't assume that based on how it works in the US with airlines.

I fear the spread of this sort of generalized thinking and justification not more than the spread of all viruses, but certainly more than many, including what causes COVID-19.

Thank your for your measured response and mild intersectionality. We can have different opinions and be polite.

For my 60 years on this earth, I have been taught that "MOST" of these viruses come from China. I saw a documentary about how the flu vaccine for each year is developed. They reported the same thing. This documentary has been covered my many news organizations over the years.

The US has its own diseases that originated here. Europe also. Africa. The middle east. It's just a fact.

Please re-educate us in a polite way. It will take a while if you don't want us using certain names for things.

I don't believe in political correctness, so you have your work cut-out for you. The New York Times called the virus the "Trump Virus." Do you approve of me adopting that name?

this thread was reported to moderators for the tone it had taken. I have removed a pile of the worst, most off-topic, confrontational posts and any posts that quoted them in response. There are still a lot of off topic comments but they are at least polite or instructive. Please return to talking about good travel deals to Cozumel. As for me, I am planning to fly back to Canada while airlines are still flying. Marg, SB senior moderator

Thank you for cleaning up the thread. We really can be polite or instructive as you say. Good luck making it back to Canada.

cheers,
m

Back
Top Bottom