TG-5, Seafrog housing and AOI UAL-05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roan

New
Reaction score
Hi,

I am thinking of buying this combo however I am not 100% sure if the AOI lens fits on the Seafrog housing.
The housing has 52mm and 67mm thread and the lens is 52mm so it should fit. However, backscatter mentioned me that their m52 air lens, which similar is that AOI one, does not fit but don't know why.

Does anyone have experience with the lens and housing?

Thank you

Roan

A 52mm ring should fit a 52mm lens. That said, check out the return policy for the lens and the housing. You may want to check with your local dive shop or even around here to see if anyone close by has a similar set up, or just a lens. It's likely that you would have better luck finding someone with a lens than that housing.

I have a 67mm wide angle lens which fits the Seafrog housing just fine....at least in the swimming pool.

one of the problems with the 52 lenses on the seafrog housing is the depth of the 52 which is all the way inside, That is the reason the AIR from backscatter does not fit

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom