New a6xxx housing from Meikon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I might be down. I'm moving in August, but if schedules align before then...

I've been shooting all week with the sigma 19 art and the Sony 30mm macro on my a6000. Been pretty happy with the results for a first outing.

where are you located?

I have a the Gen 1 Meikon Housing for my Sony A6000 and I use mainly the same lenses right now as you. Looking forward to testing out the Gen 3 aka SeaFrogs housing since I have a bunch of different lenses.

where are you located?
Currently in the antelope valley area.

I did find that with the sigma and a wet some on, I really need to use the 18-55 zoom gear or something similar to fill the area around the lens. I was getting light bleeding in through the clear back housing and showing up in pictures. Never noticed it on the 30mm macro. Used the same short macro port for both. You can see the reflections here.
DSC00284.JPG

Currently in the antelope valley area.

I did find that with the sigma and a wet some on, I really need to use the 18-55 zoom gear or something similar to fill the area around the lens. I was getting light bleeding in through the clear back housing and showing up in pictures. Never noticed it on the 30mm macro. Used the same short macro port for both. You can see the reflections here.
View attachment 574917

I'm in the San Gabriel Valley area.

Are you using strobes or shooting natural light?

I'm in the San Gabriel Valley area.

Are you using strobes or shooting natural light?
Shooting with a pair of inon z240s. Even still, I was getting the glare down at 100 feet. I could easily make it go away by shading the back of the housing with my hand.

Shooting with a pair of inon z240s. Even still, I was getting the glare down at 100 feet. I could easily make it go away by shading the back of the housing with my hand.

Did you tape off the reflector and isolate that? If you don't tape it off, the light is going scatter everywhere? This was a problem with the Gen 1 and my initial unboxing and testing, the issue is still there. I'll try to post up a picture once I mod my new Gen 3 aka SeaFrogs A6XXX.

Did you tape off the reflector and isolate that? If you don't tape it off, the light is going scatter everywhere? This was a problem with the Gen 1 and my initial unboxing and testing, the issue is still there. I'll try to post up a picture once I mod my new Gen 3 aka SeaFrogs A6XXX.
It's definitely not from the internal flash. It is light coming in through the clear back panel. It only shows up for me when using the sigma 19 and a wet some, probably due to a smaller diameter lens. I can easily make it go away by shading the back of the camera with my hand while taking a picture. I really think the solution will be as simple as using the 18-55 zoom gear as a light block.

I really think the solution will be as simple as using the 16-50 zoom gear as a light block.
Just wanted to follow up with this now that I'm back home and quarantined with nothing better to do...

The 16-50 zoom gear looks like it'll probably do the trick around the sigma 19mm lens. You can see how much light can come through the back of the camera with and without it.

IMG_20200324_150952.jpg
IMG_20200324_150753.jpg

Does the knob on the port side of the housing control the zoom gear?

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom