Florida Keys Update...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You couldn’t tell by the bumper to bumper traffic in the upper keys

The ******* planes are still landing, 32 a day. At least they stopped the busses

I hope FL doesn't do themselves in with this virus. Parts of FL seem to be taking it serious like every other state is and then there are parts it seems like theyve never even heard of the virus before. Many other states are very worried about all the spring breakers coming back.

The Canadians are flocking north, finally.

I'd be ok if this virus took out half the folks living down here as long as it prevented more people from coming down here.

My dad came down from Ocala to meet me in Tampa for lunch. He said I-75 was bumper to bumper RVs northbound.

Mel said that the hotels in Monroe county have to close. I don’t know if that’s true.

https://www.flkeysnews.com/news/local/article241349851.html

I'd be ok if this virus took out half the folks living down here as long as it prevented more people from coming down here.

Just spent the first week of March in Key Largo. Had a good time but since you don't seem to like us yankees down there I'll try to help you out from now on. If anyone asks me my opinion of the keys I'll tell them the following:

If you're into fishing and have your own boat it's probably great. I assume the same goes for diving. Otherwise the keys are a 100 mile long strip mall (except for the bridges). The diving is seasonally limited by wind, heat, and hurricanes. If you go down hoping to dive casually you'll probably end up on a (well run) cattle boat diving a beat up shallow reef. The traffic is a PITA and Key West is just like any other tourist trap.

I'll recommend going to Bonaire where I feel appreciated.

Will that work for you letterguy?

Just spent the first week of March in Key Largo. Had a good time but since you don't seem to like us yankees down there I'll try to help you out from now on. If anyone asks me my opinion of the keys I'll tell them the following:

If you're into fishing and have your own boat it's probably great. I assume the same goes for diving. Otherwise the keys are a 100 mile long strip mall (except for the bridges). The diving is seasonally limited by wind, heat, and hurricanes. If you go down hoping to dive casually you'll probably end up on a (well run) cattle boat diving a beat up shallow reef. The traffic is a PITA and Key West is just like any other tourist trap.

For a time I thought I might be able to sneak in a dive trip. I considered the keys, by the time you add everything up and get total..... cozumel is cheaper. Tough choice there.

I agree 100% with your assessment.. of course, without all of the tourists, it wouldn’t be near as much of a tourist trap.

Seems we both get what we want.

I agree 100% with your assessment.. of course, without all of the tourists, it wouldn’t be near as much of a tourist trap.

Seems we both get what we want.
Windfinder is predicting great seas next week.
Looking forward to getting a dive in, the fish life has been unbelievable as of late.
More than likely I and a few others will be the only boats in sight

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom