Double AL 80s problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just put a pair of 7" bands on a set of AL 80's which duplicated your dilemna.
Divad,Thanks for doing that for me! that really makes since....they were sold to me for 7.25" bands....if the connection went a little further around it definitely separate the tanks a little more.

D...

Hard to tell...I don't think so...first of all they are in the wrong position on the cylinders...they are going to ride up far too high...

I believe they are either ''specialty bands''...or maybe someones new old stock...intended to fit a narrower vintage manifold...they may even have been fabbed up for a purpose other than scuba...

Fact of the matter is...they will not work with a standard 8.5'' center/center manifold...

A guy I worked with in Iraq once told me...''you can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****...

I think this is ''actually'' the OP's first foray into doubles...I'll give him ''E'' for effort...he'll figure it out...once he does...his next posts will be in regards to his positive buoyancy problems...

The attached photo shows where he wants to go...but he can't get there from here...

W...

View attachment 575560

W W,I Just slid the bands on the tanks trying to identify the problem....I do know where they go....not my "first foray" into doubles....Setting these up for diving wet....usually use steel with a dry suit....and yes,I have a firm grip on gas laws and buoyancy... I'm not the rookie you assume I am...Thanks for you help

Where are you in NC (roughly east or west)?

I have bands for AL80s that I'll never use again.

T...

I really don't understand your purpose in going in this direction..

If you really need the doubles ''curb appeal'' diving with a wet suit...you're much better off sticking with your steel cylinders...and investing in a double bladder wing...you'd be eliminating the positive buoyancy issues you're going to have with the 3AL 80's...and you'd be gaining redundant stability back-up that you'd normally be getting with your dry-suit...you already have the additional inflator hose...

What you're doing is regression...not progression...

It's taken two pages of posts to get you to measure your center/center...I'm not holding out much hope for the double bladder wing...

Proceed...

W.M...
Please ignore this post. Long live AL80 doubles when in a wetsuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom