Covid-19 (coronavirus) Updates - Liveaboard Cancellation Policy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who are “they”?

I would expect credit towards future trips, not refund. So far Master fleet did that for me. They offer me to reschedule my French Polynesia trip in May to later date at no cost.

They = Nautilus.

Yesterday they posted, and I am paraphrasing, that they couldn't refund everyone's money because they were a small operation and would go bankrupt. Obviously, this went over as well as you would expect... They have since deactivated the company facebook page.

What a horrible way to handle this entire situation.
Never asked for a refund, just 100% credit on a future trip.

They = Nautilus.

You are @dallaskincaid travel companion for that same trip that he’s referring to?

Nautilus liveaboard is not small company. It has several liveaboards (at least 3, Undersea, Explorer, & Belle Amie that I know of) and the owner of Nautilus Marine Rescue GPS device manufacturer. They also have private jet that one of SB member mentioned that they can use to fly home some of stranded US clients if they have to.

I like Nautilus liveaboard operation when I went with Undersea to Socorro, Socorro 22-30 December, 2018 Trip Report and decided to do more trips with them in July 2020 to Guadalupe Mexico on Belle Amie and May 2021 back to Socorro on Belle Amie, bringing 6 other buddies with me (some of them are SB members). With this kind of policy (only giving 40% credit to future trips, when the travel to Mexico is officially banned), while others giving 100%, there won’t be any future trips with them.

I like Nautilus liveaboard operation when I when with Undersea to Socorro, Socorro 22-30 December, 2018 Trip Report and decided to do more trips with them in July 2020 to Guadalupe Mexico on Belle Amie and May 2021 back to Socorro on Belle Amie, bringing 6 other buddies with me (some of them are SB members). With this kind of policy (only giving 40% credit to future trips, when the travel to Mexico is officially banned), while others giving 100%, there won’t be any future trips with them.
Darn.. I had them on my short list for Socorro later this year.

If the travel ban to Mexico continues to July, I can see a 60% loss of credit as my DAN travel insurance doesn’t cover Pandemic. This is not in the client control.

0E0A0B09-60F7-407D-B18B-AE94CAAFD245.jpeg

Who are “they”?

The poster was from Nautilus, but my assumption is it was Mike the owner since he had been posting about flying people home in his private jet in a prior post on the thread.

Reactions: Dan
Who are “they”?

I would expect credit towards future trips, not refund. So far Master fleet did that for me. They offer me to reschedule my French Polynesia trip in May to later date at no cost.

agree. If refunds were not possible in good times given the time before the trip is scheduled to be, it shouldn’t be on the table now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom