Apeks rebuild options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are you the original owner? Apeks has the parts for life program as long as you keep up with the inspections and rebuilds. I just had a yearly service done on my double setup (2 first and 2 second stages) for $100 but I am in the parts for life thing.
$100.00 every year!
I really do not convince that Apeks regs require complete overhaul every yr. 2 - 3 is more reasonable as far as I am concerned.
Rinse it thoroughly after a day of diving especially for the 2nd stage. As long as you don't get any sea water into the dry sealed 1st stage, the only thing you need to pay attention is the IP. Check it before and after a diving trip.

I would assume. This is the first year I've used them because my home shop can no longer get parts kits and I had a yearly rebuild done.

Just a reminder for those that may not know.......reg service is quite involved and the proper equipment as well as tools can easily cost into the thousands.....it is not a money maker for any shop.

$100.00 every year!
I really do not convince that Apeks regs require complete overhaul every yr. 2 - 3 is more reasonable as far as I am concerned.
Rinse it thoroughly after a day of diving especially for the 2nd stage. As long as you don't get any sea water into the dry sealed 1st stage, the only thing you need to pay attention is the IP. Check it before and after a diving trip.
That was for the rebuild..My regs require a full rebuild every other year as per Apeks and just and inspection during the off years. I don't know if that is a general rule for Apeks regs across the board or not. I would assume the inspections will be cheaper than the full-on rebuild. I honestly felt that was a really good price because a normal rebuild on a first stage/ second stage /octopus can typically be anywhere in the neighborhood of 60- $70. I had two first stages and 2 second stages done

As for your opinion on whether or not you think they need done every so often that is at your discretion but at the same time you can't
complain about the price of the parts if they're offering them for free if you do it every other year with just an inspection on the off years.

That was for the rebuild..My regs require a full rebuild every other year as per Apeks and just and inspection during the off years. I don't know if that is a general rule for Apeks regs across the board or not. I would assume the inspections will be cheaper than the full-on rebuild.
There are different levels of service, local most shops here charge $100 per stage, so $300 for a overhaul (2-3 years by manufacturer).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom