Covid-19 (coronavirus) Updates - Liveaboard Cancellation Policy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only problem I can see, is how this will work with dive shops who booked the whole boat, as in my case. I paid through my dive shop. Are they going to give 60 vouchers of 50% off for future trips to the dive shop to distribute to their clients? I will have to check with them to see how it works.

The only problem I can see, is how this will work with dive shops who booked the whole boat, as in my case. I paid through my dive shop. Are they going to give 60 vouchers of 50% off for future trips to the dive shop to distribute to their clients? I will have to check with them to see how it works.
I'm sure we can get it figured out. It's in everybody's interest to see the vouchers get used so I'm sure Nautilus can work something out with the shop.

I can't see your problem. Each of 30 of you get 2 vauchers. When you book your future trips, as long as your name doesn't appear twice on the same trip, you are good to go.

I can't see your problem. Each of 30 of you get 2 vauchers. When you book your future trips, as long as your name doesn't appear twice on the same trip, you are good to go.

Except that even though you paid in full for the trip already, you have to pay half of it again. This makes me glad that I pay for all dive trips with a credit card. My credit card company will absolutely refund my money paid for a service not received. While I am not unsympathetic to anyone's financial difficulties, I have no desire to make them my own.

YMMV

Except that even though you paid in full for the trip already, you have to pay half of it again. This makes me glad that I pay for all dive trips with a credit card. My credit card company will absolutely refund my money paid for a service not received. While I am not unsympathetic to anyone's financial difficulties, I have no desire to make them my own.

YMMV
Just curious if you have tried this in the past and it worked. There was a debate about it somewhere in another thread with one side thinking it would work fine since "the service was not performed" and the other side arguing that it would fail due to the terms and conditions of booking explicitly stating no refunds. Thanks!

This makes me glad that I pay for all dive trips with a credit card.
This is dubious. You'll have to prove them "at fault". According to the terms of your contract, they have met their obligations.

YMMV

Just curious if you have tried this in the past and it worked. There was a debate about it somewhere in another thread with one side thinking it would work fine since "the service was not performed" and the other side arguing that it would fail due to the terms and conditions of booking explicitly stating no refunds. Thanks!

This is dubious. You'll have to prove them "at fault". According to the terms of your contract, they have met their obligations.

This link below might be of interest. It is a chargeback management guide for merchants accepting Visa but it allows you to see as a consumer what is possible or not. Start with section 13.1 and onwards.

https://usa.visa.com/dam/VCOM/downl...-management-guidelines-for-visa-merchants.pdf

Some ideas:
1/ Split your dive (boat) group into two and sell the residual vouchers over time.
2/ Keep your group together, but before you dive as a group, sell half of your vouchers (for any trip, any diver), then use those funds to pay for the other half of the trip.
3/ Sell the vouchers for your specific LOB dates*

A couple of issues. I assume you paid a discount for as you chartered the whole boat. *But of the voucher's value is a share of that discounted value, meaning vs. a fully priced berth, the diver has to pay more (if 1/ or 2/). And that's also built on an assumption that the future price of cruises doesn't raise, and also that you can still secure the whole vessel at the same discounted price as you previously did. Apologies for the neg vibe ... but ...

But I see those as 'implementation issues' as the spirit of what the system is is to have divers diving and more trips happening, and if there's a discount or some shortfall, I'm guesstimating that amount of that discount is just a reflection of how much &*%&* the world is in at that time ... but, there will be a way through it. My merry thought for the day :)

I'm not so sure about that. I've only done it a couple times, but every time I've filed a chargeback the bank has been solidly in my corner. All they cared about was that in my opinion I didn't get what I paid for and that I tried to contact the merchant but the merchant didn't resolve the situation to my satisfaction. At that point, they will process the chargeback and if the merchant decides they have a contract requiring me to still pay then that's between the merchant and I and a judge somewhere if the merchant files suit.

In my experience it's an extremely straightforward prices that is purposely designed to favor and protect the consumer. After all, I'm the one who is the bank's customer - not the merchant.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom