DIY Dry rack from PVC piping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thomhal

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, I stumbled across some pictures online that showed how to make a dry rack out of some pvc pipes and a bed roller. I'm want to make a replica of this, but I'm unable to find a bed roller or container that has the same dimensions as the one on the photo. I'm guessing it's around 120 cm long and 50 cm wide?

I'd love to hear suggestions on how to solve this.
Acquiring pipes are no problem, it's merely figuring out how to collect the dripping water in a practical way. I'm open to suggestions!

83308254_1267513923637941_1007806327885398016_n.jpg 8a9ade2580d3aaad319a468a17267be9.jpg 2649f9c22d507d0e3caf90ea9db9bf26.jpg a4aeced57db7b9703d37297b4de91db3.jpg

So find a storage container that is available that would work for you and construct your rack to fit accordingly.

-Z

Looks good in theory. How important is catching the water for you? From my own experience putting tubs under my own rack, you're going to have things like the arms of suits etc, directing water outside the perimiter of the tub. Especially one as narrow as 50cm. I've seen ones where people make the rack fit inside a bathtub which seems a pretty decent idea to let them get at least 'drip dry' before moving elsewhere.

Nicely done!

I got the under bed storage from Container Store.
Could you post the link to how to make the PVC pipe frame?

That's 3/4 PVC and a whole bunch of t fittings.
I was hoping for sizes and lengths.
I don’t have cutting tools so my plan is to ask my friendly Home Depot guys to cut the pipe to correct lengths. When the stay at home order lifts of course.

I was hoping for sizes and lengths.
I don’t have cutting tools so my plan is to ask my friendly Home Depot guys to cut the pipe to correct lengths. When the stay at home order lifts of course.

Your a couple weeks to late, I just gave away mine after I finished installing a second tub area.

Quick advice for 3/4 inch pvc (I just measured my shower and cut to fit) you will need to reinforce the uprights or they will bend with a bc and drysuit or wetsuit. I used 3/4 inch metal electric conduit sprayed silicone lubricant on it and pounded it in with a hammer.

I also believe home depot and lowes are considered essential and still open, but have only heard this 3rd party.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom