Best describe your diving.

What kind of diving do you do?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
It’s probably been done before here many times, but I’m just curious as to the makeup of SB users, what type of diver are you?
Please answer the poll truthfully, and please answer which category most describes your diving. For instance, if you mostly dive recreationally and occasionally do a technical dive then answer recreational diving and not both. Same for all categories, please answer one box that best describes the majority of your diving.
You can elaborate further in an additional post if you wish.
Let’s see where this goes.

Cold water. Great Lakes wrecks or one of the regional quarries. Just starting my tech class.

No warm water dives yet, unless you count the shallow side of the quarry at 70F

Well, Hawaii definitely is warmer water than Puget Sound where I learned to dive. And it is local when I walk to the boat. :clearmask:

Checked off the top 3 and the bottom 3. Try to dive as much as possible locally (Rhode Island, some Massachusetts) in the warmer months, so colder water. Then, come winter, I try to get a Caribbean trip in. All rec diving, no drysuit.

Erik

I clicked on all except hunting and just looking, then read your post. I changed it to cold water, as that's about 98% of my diving. I take a camera on every dive. I also enjoy deep dives, wreck dives, and maybe I will enjoy a warm water dive someday. I've made several dozen warm water dives, but none that I can say I really enjoyed.

Checked off the top 3 and the bottom 3. Try to dive as much as possible locally (Rhode Island, some Massachusetts) in the warmer months, so colder water. Then, come winter, I try to get a Caribbean trip in. All rec diving, no drysuit.

Erik
You picked the top three and bottom three?
Which one is it, mostly warm or mostly cold?, please pick one.
Is it mostly vacation or mostly local?
Please pick one only.
I’m trying to get a harder line than ‘a little of each’.
Thnx :wink:

Cold, rec, just looking, local. Although I did recently get a warm water vacation in, and plan to do them regularly once the apocalypse has settled down. And I would like to get into tech diving some day. Photography and hunting are cool and all, but just aren't for me.

The majority of my diving is local recreational quarry diving. However, we (my wife and I) do at least one trip to the NC coast each year to do some wreck dives. We also have traveled to dive and hope to do more of that in the near future (we're booked for the Roatan invasion...hope we all get to go.). As we are AOW divers, we stay within the depth and NDL limits.

My diving is virtual, imagined, and expressed through online retail therapy.
Including buying cool tools, for a more streamlined toolkit, to fix imagined gear issues, on imagined dives.

Also physical, as in more home physical training, so I image the (imagined) gear will sit more lightly on my body as I walk to the water, and even exit refreshed, not overburdened, from it.

Oh, you meant until recently..., that was:
- Cold, depends on how 55 degrees counts.
- Often max 50', much less 130'.
- Local. Looking at the pretty fish. Trying to do it in good style/technique.

(Hopefully the OT humor will not derail the thread. No quick OT comments unless you also answer Eric's question. :))

Back
Top Bottom