Sub Aqua

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Luke_P

New
Reaction score
Many years ago I did an Open Water course through my high school. I am pretty certain it was administered by Sub Aqua Services in New Lynn, Auckland. They are no longer in business, however I wanted to try a long shot and see if anybody knew anything about them. I am trying to retrieve my certification, my mate who did the course as well swears it was PADI,but they have no record of me.

Thanks

Luke

Contact PADI, if it was they will have you in their database

Many years ago I did an Open Water course through my high school.

Hi Luke

Your post does not state in what year you did your course. This may be important information if the course happened in the 1980s. Sometime during the mid-1980s, I remember reading about PADI and the New Zealand Underwater Association (NZUA) effectively merging their training operations with PADI being responsible for issuing of certifications.

Prior to that event, I understand that most training in NZ was done by NZUA instructors. If your course happened in the early 1980s, you could contact the NZUA to ask if it has any training records in its archives and if it is possible for these to be looked up.

With respect to Sub Aqua Services, you could look for a source of dive magazines from the relevant point in time and see if there are any articles and advertisements concerning this business. These may reveal which training agency, the business used.

Thanks for the prompt reply, yes 1985 was the year so the timing works. Thanks for giving me a thread to pull on.

Luke

Back
Top Bottom