Klein Curacao?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wgw04024

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Anyone ever dive here? I wonder if there's any difference where this little place isn't littered with people living on it.

upload_2020-3-27_15-15-5.png

There are charters that run to it. Talking with folks, it isn't overly impressive, and I believe it is priced higher as the burn of fuel to go there and back. Where I was snorkeling (day cat trip), there wasn't much life (big sand flat), but there was a wall a little deeper, and the turtles were aggressive from being fed food scraps...

Curious as to what others say...

The diving around Klein is OK...the rough side (east) is probably the best. The island gets hundreds of visitors a week (well not during the current COVID-19 situation) on several large charters daily so usually many snorkelers and fishing charters there. The trip there can be around 2 hours and if seas are rough make sure you take any seasickness precautions.

The big dive op here that does Klein once a week is Ocean Encounters but you can usually take your own equipment on board the other charters and dive more or less on your own.

Since the location is farther away, it is more expensive but you also probably get a lunch out of it as well.

if you are otherwise just looking for better dive sites, look up Eastpoint (oostpunt) or Watamula (westpoint). Both better then Klein...IMO.

I once talked to a guy that used to live there and had a boat. And now owns a dive op elsewhere. Said there was some really great diving at Klein if you went to the right spots, but that you’re unlikely to see those on the regular charters that run there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom