Why are so many folks selling their Teric?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To the OP, I have not seen very many Terics for sale.

I have the Perdix AI. I bought it right before the Teric was released. I really like the bungee mount feature that comes standard with the Perdix (along with straps) and the larger screen and buttons. Not sure if bungee straps are included with the Teric? I have seen aftermarket kits.
The Perdix straps fit the Teric.

But do the Perdix bungee straps come as standard equipment with the Teric?
No. But when I sent mine in for the battery issue, it came back with a pair of the straps in the box. Bonus!

No, they don't. The Teric comes with a buckle watch strap and an extra strap to extend the length.

What kind of real world times are people experiencing between charges? Specifically, I am wondering about life as purely a watch. I love the Teric display, but I am debating between getting one now or waiting for the Garmin Descent MK2.

Because the screen is so small you cannot read it? Well, most of us older divers have this problem, even with prescription lenses.

I just got trifocal intraocular lenses and had my cataracts done at the same time. I don't wear a watch so bought the Perdix for what was reduced eyesight. My good dive buddy loves his Teric as do several other divers I know.

Now I can see them all quite well.

I suspect that there will be some for sale due to the current economic uncertainty as well. Shearwater computers hold their value very very well so if you are looking to sell superfluous dive gear to raise some cash, a Teric would be a good start.

Man, sad day that will be for folks. That would punch me in the gut to have to sell a Shearwater.

I suspect that there will be some for sale due to the current economic uncertainty as well. Shearwater computers hold their value very very well so if you are looking to sell superfluous dive gear to raise some cash, a Teric would be a good start.

I saw a second hand one offered on here for more than the new price. lol

I see a lot of "for sale" posts on Scuba Board and Facebook for folks who are looking to sell their Shearwater Teric computer.

I have read lots of positive reveiws of Shearwater and their products to include the Teric but it seems like folks are ditching the Teric almost as soon as they have acquired it.

Why is this? Can anyone explain?

-Z

Zef...

Over priced/over-hyped/bug ridden...

But having said that...don't let my personal opinion sway you one way or the other...

There are those out in the field...who will vehemently argue that the TERIC is the greatest thing since manned flight...

I'm thankful to say that I'm not one of them...

Some will say they have the best service department in the world...and that they even know the service staff by their first name...

What does it tell you when you are using any company's service department with that level of frequency that you get to know everyone there...not a product I'd want anything to do with...

But...please feel free to make your own choice/decision...and to proceed as you see fit...

W...

Back
Top Bottom