MK5/109 Beauty.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

axxel57

Contributor
Reaction score
For the moment there are not many good news to find anywhere......
So at least I had a moment of joy when I found this beauty in the bay for just around 40,-US$.
I opened it, looks like it never touched water.
Put in a new LP seat, crack's at 0,9 inch/h2o with 135psi IP at 3000psi tank pressure.
At 600psi a 122 psi IP and a 1,2inch/h2o cracking effort.
The only irritation is that in the Flow Test it doesn't show a significant Venturi, I'll check that again.
I have at least ten of those MK5/109/108/080, but none of them is in such a pristine condition.
Very happy!:)
P1050400.JPG
P1050387.JPG
P1050388.JPG
P1050385.JPG

I am very envious....
Particularly for the very nice all-brass DIN connector!
I warmly suggest that you get rid of that crap poppet, it is the model with not-replaceable seat. Install a duro poppet, or, better, convert to balanced with an S-wing poppet, balance chamber and softer spring.

Said that, if you want to resell it at its proper price, I will be very happy to get it!

That's beautiful!

Whoa! Nice find. You're lucky I didn't see that or we would have been bidding against each other.

And a seat saver too! You never see them anymore!

Yes, replace the poppet.

Very nice find! DIN, five port turret, two 7/16" hp ports.

Whoa! Nice find. You're lucky I didn't see that or we would have been bidding against each other.

And a seat saver too! You never see them anymore!

Yes, replace the poppet.

Whow, thanks for the friendly responses......
Yes, that was luck!
But I think we could not have competed anyway, since you will find the MK5 DIN or other DIN connectors (like the DIN Connector for the Dacor on the Photo) in general almost exclusively in Middle Europe and most seller have no clue what they are selling, so they send it only to Germany, Austria or Switzerland (sometimes EU).
Often they don't except PayPal.
This is why I could collect quite some of them for a reasonable price.
I have at least twenty 108/109/080 in different conditions, but you are right, it's the first time I found one with this type of seat saver.
If you should find one day something interesting on E-Bay Germany, which you cannot bet on, feel free to contact me, maybe we can work something out.
Of course I replaced the old poppet with a Duro Poppet, and if I should really ever dive this reg, I would upgrade the 109 to BA as I did with couple of my 109er.
20190124_191701.jpg

I am very envious....
Particularly for the very nice all-brass DIN connector!
I warmly suggest that you get rid of that crap poppet, it is the model with not-replaceable seat. Install a duro poppet, or, better, convert to balanced with an S-wing poppet, balance chamber and softer spring.

Said that, if you want to resell it at its proper price, I will be very happy to get it!

Angelo, PM me if you like.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom