When do you think virus-related disruptions will end?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Of the 299 SARS patients from Hong Kong who died, 191 were 65 years or older, and 158 of these cases had a history of chronic disease"

"The Hong Kong economy was quite exposed to the global downturn due to its heavy dependence on external trade and financial services. From September 2008 to March 2009, trade volumes in Hong Kong fell 21% and output in the financial services sector also declined. As a result, Hong Kong’s GDP contracted sharply during the second half of 2008 and first quarter of 2009."

We will have no choice but to wait and see.
So you believe COVID 19 is overblown?

So you believe COVID 19 is overblown?
Covid-19 is serious. We are going to lose a lot of lives. A world financial collapse is more serious. It will cost even more lives.

I will call BS on the recession costing more lives than the virus. Left alone, COVID 19 has 1918 potential, is that a chance you wish to take? I would rather defer to experts than a known science denier.

I will call BS on the recession costing more lives than the virus. Left alone, COVID 19 has 1918 potential, is that a chance you wish to take? I would rather defer to experts than a known science denier.
We will see, won't we?

I am curious how you find it so easy to take such a glib approach to something that can be so catastophic.

"Of the 299 SARS patients from Hong Kong who died, 191 were 65 years or older, and 158 of these cases had a history of chronic disease"

"The Hong Kong economy was quite exposed to the global downturn due to its heavy dependence on external trade and financial services. From September 2008 to March 2009, trade volumes in Hong Kong fell 21% and output in the financial services sector also declined. As a result, Hong Kong’s GDP contracted sharply during the second half of 2008 and first quarter of 2009."

We will have no choice but to wait and see.
"Wuhan virus" is a lot less selective on aged and in-firmed.
We made FULL recovery pretty quick and has been doing very well until Feb 2020.

Its not so serious in China not not at all.. BY the way the morgues in Wuhan China have cremated double the number of people the commies claim have died from the virus.

Massive Protest Breaks Out in China’s Hubei Province
Saw the footage on the news!!!!
You shall not pass!

What will happen on 08th Apr when Wuhan open its door to public transportation? Rail tracks been dug up, highway with numerous potholes etc etc

I am curious how you find it so easy to take such a glib approach to something that can be so catastophic.
Glib? I said:
"Covid-19 is serious. We are going to lose a lot of lives. A world financial collapse is more serious. It will cost even more lives."
You have a strange idea of what is glib.

Back
Top Bottom