When do you think virus-related disruptions will end?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Obviously you are far more concerned with economic impact of quarantines than you are with human costs. You have made that abundantly clear.
As I said :Covid-19 is serious. We are going to lose a lot of lives. A world financial collapse is more serious. It will cost even more lives." I'm talking about human lives. Are those "human costs"? I won't reply to your nasty PM.

Without giving credence to anything the Chinese say, there are at least 5000 people a month die in Wuhan. The crematories are busy there without the virus.

CHINA WHO VIRUS.jpeg

I apologize. I clearly understand that Taiwan is Chinese and Hong Kong is Chinese but I was speaking about Communist China.
Even outside of the pub, you have to watch out for those walls that pop up! :banghead:

Hi All,

The situation is serious but I hope my attempt at a little levity won't go unappreciated.

NewZealand, where I live, is into lock-down. We are not allowed to leave our homes except to go to the grocery store or pharmacy.

Unlike many people, the wife and I have prior experience at being "locked down".

We sailed to New Zealand on a 44 foot sailboat. At one point in our journey we were "locked down" for 25 days while sailing from America to French Polynesia. No land in sight for the duration. No scuba diving for 25 days!

My wife was going into menopause, the daughter going into puberty and the teenage son was telling me that I was doing everything wrong.

So being locked down on a land based property without kids, plenty of wine on hand, doesn't seem so bad!

So being locked down on a land based property without kids, plenty of wine on hand, doesn't seem so bad!
How long would your stock last?

There is NO lockdown here yet! But we have a lot of recent cases related to students returning from Europe and N. America as well as flight crew and local who have recent travelling history.

Stay put.

A long dark tunnel ahead.

Back
Top Bottom