Yamaha scooter advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pulled the trigger on a Blacktip this morning. Anyone have a recommendation on best bang for the buck on batteries and charger?
the waitley 9ah dont have the longest runtime but they are decent for one dive or 1.5 dives and economical

The Blacktip costs $1595.00, sans battery & charger? I would prefer to purchase the Dive Xtras Blacktip, but the Yami 500Li comes complete at that price-point and is, therefore, a very attractive unit.
the Yamaha is crazy slow though, I can almost kick that fast. If you brought that on a dive with me everyone would be bored waiting for you

Pulled the trigger on a Blacktip this morning. Anyone have a recommendation on best bang for the buck on batteries and charger?
From all my research, Dewalts are the best quality. The 12 AH are crazy expensive, the 9 AH two pack is a bargain by comparison. They weight a bit more than the Waitleys. I got a great deal on 12 AH Dewalts from a guy on eBay, but last I heard he's out of stock. It seems like the 12 AH batteries have gone up in price in the past 6 or so weeks. The fan cooled Dewalt charger DCB118 seem to work well and are readily available

The Dive-Xtras run time specs for the 12 AH Dewalts seem to be pretty conservative for recreational diving

After my use pulling us out to the reef and back along with a bit of dragging us around mid dive at speed 4 and 5 I am very glad I bought the 12AH batteries. I ran it completely down on one dive and almost all the way down on another. I was dragging three of us at a time and on one dive there were 4 of us. Mostly, I used it on speed 4 because of the drag of 4 of us but sometimes 5 if I thought the battery charge would last. With smaller batteries I would have felt foolish for trying to save money in the conditions under which I used the Blacktip scooter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom