Free e-learning resources from RAID

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueTrin

Scallops aficionado
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Apparently RAID will make all the e-learning material available for free on the 1st of April (hopefully not an April’s fool).

Thought I’d share as we are all at home a bit bored ...

Dive RAID International

RAID LAUNCHES “FREe-Learning” PLATFORM

RAID, always the innovator, has made sure that everyone, from non-divers to instructor trainers, can have complete access to every level of their extensive online academics and quizzes for FREE.

RAID announced today that all RAID programs will be available to everyone visiting and registering on www.diveraid.com. The new FREe-Learning landing page will be live as of Wednesday, April 1. RAID was the first fully online diver training agency. The time is right to launch RAID’s next-generation innovation – FREe-Learning.

Paul Toomer, president RAID International, said that opening up the company’s full curriculum for anyone to browse is part of what he referred to as “The RAID Way.”

Toomer explained, “We do not want to stand in the way of anyone staying engaged with the sport, especially now.”
Peter Nohren, RAID Product Manager, added that the initiative will allow visitors to the RAID website to login and have immediate access to dozens of RAID diver training programs. “That includes everything from Try Dive to Cave instructor. Even visitors who currently have not created a profile on the RAID site, will find becoming a member of the RAID tribe and setting up a personal profile is a very simple process.”

“Once that’s done,” Nohren said, “they can work their way through programs chapter by chapter, quiz by quiz, and learn something interesting. Perhaps something they want to pursue and earn certification for when that’s possible. We realise that right now, most of us are not able to get our usual underwater fix, but with RAID’s FREe-Learning, you can get ready for when we can.”

At that time, Toomer explained, “RAID members can pick a dive centre to finish their program, open up the final exam for the courses they’ve completed (as long as they meet the prerequisites) and GO DIVING, with their instructor of choice.

During these trying times, it is often easy to have a knee-jerk reaction and become reactive and not proactive. We are providing options to our dive centres and professionals that will actually make a difference. We are not keen on just making press releases that don’t actually say anything. We are also not wanting to use the pandemic as some sort of profit centre. And most importantly, we will not release initiatives that will only last while we are in times of suffering and are then taken away when the world returns to normality.”

For more details, please email info@DiveRAID.com

Wow. That’s awesome. Thanx for sharing.
I could only access the course preview at this time. How did you get the complete course package?

you have to register and after this yo u get access to all course materials and quizes. However, if you want to access and pass exam you need to purchase course.

Its a great move from RAID and specifically Paul Toomer. I have always been a fan of free access to education and now, when so many are cooped up, the opportunity to get access to educational materials for nearly any course is a good thing indeed!

IMHO it is a good model to make the material open, including instructor manuals.

You then pay for the tuition.

if you register are you able to download the materials like in a pdf for example or can you only access them when online on their site ?

if you register are you able to download the materials like in a pdf for example or can you only access them when online on their site ?

You can download them in PDF format. It's a little wonky trying to get to them, no readily accessible "course materials" tab, so it took me a little digging. Nothing too complicated, just not exactly intuitive. I think I was also doing it on my iPad though, so could be mobile browser interface issues more than anything.

I downloaded a handful of manuals to read during my COVID-complicated travel home from a work trip a few weeks ago.

Once you download them on iPhone or iPad you can use the share icon to store them iBooks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom