2020 Dive rite XT fins.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not filled with glee at their use of plastic on the new straps. I'll stick with the old version. I wonder if new version fins can be retrofitted with old straps?

Added: question previously answered, thank you.

I know this is an old thread, but wanted to share my experience with these straps.

In my opinion, they are harder to put on without the finger loop. I have really struggled getting my left fin on as it would barely stretch beyond my heel.

I was on a shore dive last night, struggled a little on my right foot. For the life of me, I couldn't get my left fin on. Suddenly it just went on real easy. I assumed and confirmed after the dive, the cord inside broke.

A little backstory... Anticipating a trip to Bonaire, I needed soled boots. I found a pair I liked and of course, they didn't fit in my fins. I'm a fan of the dive rite fins, so I set off to my LDS to buy a pair in a larger size. The next size up fit and I figured my struggle with the strap was because of the lack of a loop. We did adjust the straps to the longest setting, but it's honestly about an inch short.

Back
Top Bottom