Going to doubles and going home.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary Shepard

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Good morning all,

I'm on my last day of quarantine from my wife. The biggest thing I have learned in the last 13 days is, there is no way in hell could I full time RV.

But with that said, I spent my birthday here with my dog. My wife and I figured we can do something when I get home. But over the last two weeks we had great news. I found out that I have not been getting commission from a customer that I should had been. So I have over a years worth coming to me. On top of that my wife got a very nice raise. More money for her and more important she feels that they see her worth.

Seeing how we had this good new my wife said I could spend 500 to go to doubles. I have two HP100's, bands, valves and manifold. Purchasing new and used I came in at 530 bucks. She is good with that.

My dive buddy has been diving doubles for a long time so he will help me train. We have a nice place to train at about 15 foot of water, so I can't wait.

Just wanted to throw this out there. There is so much negative news right now I figured I could share this. Oh and I made it two weeks with no sickness.

Have fun with the doubles! I have the same setup, they are sweet. Takes a bit getting used to. It’s nice not having to swap tanks over on a 2 or 3 tank charter :D

More than once both tanks are down to 900 or so, My buddy's is about the same but doubles so he still has another dive.

I may feel a little different the first time I stand up with them on.

Don’t be a stroke. Go big or go home.
018EF4D2-DF1D-4422-A4C2-7C7DFA686778.jpeg

If I'm doing my math correctly, that's 5,737 liters of back gas. You can stay down for days!

Congrats on all the good news!

I may feel a little different the first time I stand up with them on.

I'm not joking here...if you're not used to doing a lot of squats, start now. Lot of dumbbell squats as well as time on the recumbent bike (really built up my quads) have really helped me handle my doubles easier. Mine are HP80s, so smaller than yours (I'm also 51).

Also, once you start diving doubles you have no right to complain single tank/rec set-ups are heavy..lol!

I have been going to the gym when I'm home for a couple of years. But I'm no where near the shape I want to be. The biggest problem is I hate working legs but I guess I'd better get on it.

All of your dives are shore dives, so I think they will now count as a work out.

Kettlebell swing....fix ya right up.

To follow up to the above, it’ more than just legs. You need to strengthen your whole posterior chain. Strong legs and a weak lower back is a recipe for injury.

Get some good coaching if you haven’t received proper training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom