United slashes airfares to BON (at least from EWR)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the problems if that is one has a dormant asymptomatic infection and travels to these islands, one can spread/unleash the COVID-19 virus on the locals and not even know it. Such is the case in the Cayman Islands now as well as Bonaire. This was reported in Bonaire Reporter and on Cayman Compass. It's a terrible situation my friends.

$336 RT from Portland, OR on United -- Punched in some dates in August. Saturday departure, Sunday return- which is the norm for United flights routing through Houston. Tempting.

One of the problems is that is one has a dormant asymptomatic infection and travels to these islands, one can spread/unleash the COVID-19 virus on the locals and not even know it. Such is the case in the Cayman Islands now as well as Bonaire. This was reported in Bonaire Reporter and on Cayman Compass. It's a terrible situation my friends.
As of yesterday, there are no cases on the island. 7 tested, 80+ quarantined, but no cases. There were 2 people who had been on the island and tested + several days later. I believe they left last weekend. So keep your fingers crossed, but so good, so far.

There were 2 people who had been on the island and tested + several days later. I believe they left last weekend. So keep your fingers crossed, but so good, so far.

Any idea where they were staying and/or date & flight they left? We left on the 3/21 American after Delta screwed around cancelling and reinstating our 3/22 flight.

Any idea where they were staying and/or date & flight they left? We left on the 3/21 American after Delta screwed around cancelling and reinstating our 3/22 flight.
Unfortunately, no. The details were kinda sketchy. My brother said he hasn't heard anything except they think it was contracted after they left. It might be why the 7 were tested; all negative.

Airfare to a destination that won`t allow you entrance is pretty much worthless. Good luck though! I`m jealous because I paid $900 round trip back in November for a late July trip and I`m not really counting on that anymore. Just hopin`.

Airfare to a destination that won`t allow you entrance is pretty much worthless. Good luck though! I`m jealous because I paid $900 round trip back in November for a late July trip and I`m not really counting on that anymore. Just hopin`.
Most of the airlines are offering one free change with these low fares. So if the island is still closed, the tickets can be rescheduled for a later date. As mentioned earlier, if you're booking a resort or other accommodations, be sure those have that option as well.
Late July is still possible. Gotta stay optimistic!

Okay so it’s the scuba board “regulars” to Bonaire in august...what a party!

Okay so it’s the scuba board “regulars” to Bonaire in august...what a party!
Somebody needs to be the guinea pig. We'll make sure the reef is still safe to dive! :happywave:

Back
Top Bottom